2018 Nanaimo Reports

Anybody out there fishing I'd like to get out this weekend but I'd want to see some good reports
me too...i might go out to Thrasher this weekend and have seen a report on hot winter spring fishing up the Strait a bit...wondering if there is any chum action or springs to be had ??

me too...i might go out to Thrasher this weekend and have seen a report on hot winter spring fishing up the Strait a bit...wondering if there is any chum action or springs to be had ??
I wouldn’t count on catching Chum around Thrasher but there’s always feeder springs around.

Went out for 3.5 hours today. Lots of gillnets and seines setting. Never had a bite, no jumpers and nothing on the sounder. Don’t know what the nets are catching but saw one seine set and nothing in it. Hope they’re paying for their fuel costs. Should of went out three weeks ago.

Went out for 3.5 hours today. Lots of gillnets and seines setting. Never had a bite, no jumpers and nothing on the sounder. Don’t know what the nets are catching but saw one seine set and nothing in it. Hope they’re paying for their fuel costs. Should of went out three weeks ago.
They’re probably fishing for stamps. (UI)

Unemployment benefits for the off season. If you don’t have income showing in enough weeks, even small income, you’re not eligible for benefits

doesn't work that way with commercial fishing EI, hours don't mean anything, you have to make xxxx dollars to qualify.
It used to be by the week.
If the boat delivered fish to a processor or packer, even a few fish, the crew was good for that week. Has it changed?

Anyone been fishing Tent Island recently? Planning on getting out over the holidays.

Back