WTB $300 000 Boat for $100 000. Serious offers only please.

When gillnetting, most of the time the net is in the water, you are idling around the net, or pulling it into shape at idle.
It would carbon up the big diesel, but the running gear, transmission to straight shaft, did not mind.

Outdrives, I have found to my financial detriment, are very different beasties.

Trolling off a kicker is way nicer. Budget for a rear helm and intelli steer for the kicker steering. My friend had a 33 blackfin with this set up and it was awesome. Not sure of the 9.9 he had a 15 which pushed the boat nicely.

That Commander 30' is sweet. I mount the kicker on the swimgrid for our Hourston using an Adventure Marine bracket with the extra brace. It works well and due to an unforeseen incident where the marina stuffed the grid into a post damaging the grid, it was rebuilt with solid glass where it was cored before. Hourston uses brackets that spread the load across the transom and after 3 years we have seen no issues at all.

Whoa that 38' Commander is SWEET: https://www.yachtworld.com/core/lis...nits=Feet&access=Public&listing_id=75625&url=

Welcome to community college, kids...

That Commander 30' is sweet. I mount the kicker on the swimgrid for our Hourston using an Adventure Marine bracket with the extra brace. It works well and due to an unforeseen incident where the marina stuffed the grid into a post damaging the grid, it was rebuilt with solid glass where it was cored before. Hourston uses brackets that spread the load across the transom and after 3 years we have seen no issues at all.

Whoa that 38' Commander is SWEET: https://www.yachtworld.com/core/lis...nits=Feet&access=Public&listing_id=75625&url=

Welcome to community college, kids...
I called about it... $549k!

View attachment 41167 RC this might give you a bit better perspective of the 30. You said it wasn’t sexy enough.
This is a friends 2011, one of the last built. It has all black trim and gives it a much, newer, sexy look. This has the single D6 370hp Volvo diesel
Man is it ever sexy. That's exactly what I did to my Bayliner as soon as I bought it. I de-blued it. New rub rail, decals, bimini and I even painted the blue vinyl piping on the seats. If blue was a race I'd be a racist. :eek:

Man is it ever sexy. That's exactly what I did to my Bayliner as soon as I bought it. I de-blued it. New rub rail, decals, bimini and I even painted the blue vinyl piping on the seats. If blue was a race I'd be a racist. :eek:
There you go. One of those 30’s is a project boat for you. I think the dark blue or black trim really modernizes it.

what’s the scoop RC is the wife on-board yet?
She's into it as long as we can re-carpet and reupholster the interior. Now I need to get way more confidence in the power package and assess what that both is really worth.

Back