SFBC's Offical 2018-2019 Hockey Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
They’re only not a good playoff team until they are a good playoff team.

David price sucks at pitching in the playoffs at 0-9 till he shoved it to Houston for the series win this past week.

The leafs will win a cup in the next three years.
I will bet you the Leafs DO NOT win the Cup in the next 3 years

Why? You said they would win, i don't agree. You need a defence to win it all....no team has scored their way to the Cup
Okay I’ll put $100 against a free day of fishing with you. That’s about 5-1

Yeah, 6-3-1 start last year...Then Sutter and Horvat got hurt. Not many times can lose their best 2 centres and carry on. Plus Dorsett, a key penalty killer that brought balance to the Canucks line-up lost for the season/career. Beosser hurt his foot in December and then wrist in Feb, then his back in March. Taking out their best goal scorer...and thats about when I stopped watching.

Last year was about change and setting a foundation. New coach, new system, saddled without work arounds for bad signings like Gagne & MDZ. The Canucks have worked passed some of that and are more insulated now with better depth to handle injuries.

Playing so many games on the road, and a ton of early games against top tier teams, this start has got me back into watching the team. They are legitimately fun to watch.

Can't wait to see Boesser and Petterson healthy at the same time.

And here's to hoping Edler and Tanev aren't out for any length of time. We need Joulevi to step up....fast.

if you havent noticed
there playing balls to the wall hockey , and outplaying the opposition , full kudos to them ,
other teams are starting slower , and will slowly start to pick up there play ,
when playing as hard as the Cantnucks are , and winning as they are ,
, injuries are inevitable ,
they will level off , thats a guarantee , either to injuries , or the other teams stepping it up when it counts , id be more concerned about the last 20 games imho
look at all the injuries already ?
bodies cant play at this pace for 80 games , Alien Petterson will get smashed somemore lol , thats also a guarantee lol ,
UNREAL player , but not physically ready , he is a target now forsure ,

m2b

i will put a brown note up on the Laughs winning the cup in 3 years ,
you better hope they do , contracts will rip this team appart by then !! another Guarantee

fd

'Nucks were 6-3-1 this time last year so still have plenty of time to be the Canucks.
I'm not expecting much from the Canucks this year or next....just finding it funny they are at the top of their division for at least 1 day this season

if you havent noticed
there playing balls to the wall hockey , and outplaying the opposition ,

Sorry, I have to call BS on the Canucks outplaying the opposition. They have by far the worst possession numbers in the league (about 40% ) and are outshot almost every night. They have gotten some pretty good goaltending so far, and scored some timely goals, and do keep hustling. Teams can't only have the puck 40% and be outshot and consistently win over a whole season though. I fully expect them to be bottom 5 come April, which is ok as they still need some more high draft picks and the Draft is in Vancouver, so maybe the NHL's weighted ping pong balls will finally have the Canucks logo on them and they will win a top 3 position.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back