SFBC's Offical 2018-2019 Hockey Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, I’m starting to like being the villain. Go Leafs go!!!
Hahaha! Im not saying I’m on the bandwagon, they just look like a good team is all.

Sadly we in the west all have to be force-fed the swill coming from TSN ( Toronto Sports Network) who will literally show you highlights of a scuffle in leafs training camp or Mitch Marner singing on the bench before they show you the results of the british open or the olympics; so i’ll give you a pass.

I miss Don Taylor and Barry MacDonald and The Sportsdesk days!!

Don Taylor... He was the best! Funny, and gave me a shoutout in my college baseball days.

Always loved Sportspage. Don Taylor: " Upstairs where daddy keeps the playboys" always love lines like that.

Last edited:
Don Taylor... He was the best! Funny, and gave me a shoutout in my college baseball days.
Still is the best. He’s on Team 1040 radio everyday with the Moj noon to 3. I listen to their podcast every night as I can’t listen during the day most of the time.

Still is the best. He’s on Team 1040 radio everyday with the Moj noon to 3. I listen to their podcast every night as I can’t listen during the day most of the time.
Nobodies killed the Moj yet?! God I hate that guy. I stopped listening to 1040 because of him.

EA sports NHL 19 simulation says the leafs win the Stanley cup. Plan the parade.....

Last edited:
TSN Power Rankings, to start the season, have the Jets at #2, the Leafs at #3 and the Flames at #12. Then in the middle of the pack they have the Oilers at #17 and the Canadiens at #23. Finally, you have the final two spots in the rankings with the Canucks at #30 and the Senators dead last at #31.

Pretty accurate as both the Jets and Leafs are legit cup contenders, McJesus or not the Oilers are virtually unchanged so will do well to challenge for a playoff spot, Montreal is a long shot to make the playoffs unless Price returns to Vezina form and outright wins them games, and the Canucks and Senators will be in the lottery.

Canucks youth should be entertaining to watch at least, Petersen and Boeser are legit and Horvat is solid two ways. Their weak D didn’t get any better and both goalies are middling at best. Still, we have the west coast advantage of getting most teams after they’ve played two in Alberta and our youth will surprise some teams. Canucks will likely do enough to not seriously threaten for a playoff spot but well enough to ensure poor lottery odds. Sorry for the pessimism.

Cheers!

Ukee

Looks like Seattle was just approved for a team. There's enough money there for it. Who wins the cup first Seattle or Vancouver? Lol.

Flyers forge forward undefeated after trouncing last year's Cinderella story thanks to the awakening of the most famous mascot in all of sports who can be currently seen working the late night talk show circuit among other appearances.

Gritty v2.jpg

Bobby Clarke with facial hair ? God forbid it starts a trend. Do the Hawks end up with a deranged bird. Ain't marketing grand ?

Hawks got by Ottawa after Ward coughed up 3 in the first on 9 shots. Oh Crawford, where art thou ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back