SFBC's Offical 2018-2019 Hockey Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any of you guys heard of the Larscheiders support section? I'm the official unofficial drum guy. It's actually pretty fun. Everyone stands the whole game and does their best to come up with anything better than "go Canucks go". Unfortunately it's still the default cheer 80% of the time. You can buy a "Larscheiders Pack" for $300 for 7 games. A good deal either way.

Any of you guys heard of the Larscheiders support section? I'm the official unofficial drum guy. It's actually pretty fun. Everyone stands the whole game and does their best to come up with anything better than "go Canucks go". Unfortunately it's still the default cheer 80% of the time. You can buy a "Larscheiders Pack" for $300 for 7 games. A good deal either way.

Wow i’m surprised security aka “the no fun police “ allow that. have they lightened up a bit? security in that building acts like the gestapo...

Wow i’m surprised security aka “the no fun police “ allow that. have they lightened up a bit? security in that building acts like the gestapo...

They kind of have to; I am not a Nucks fan but used to go to games now and then. I won't even take free tickets anymore as there is so much sh*t that goes on in the stands. I watched 4 or 5 darker skin guys berate a guy because his kid (sitting next to me) had a Hawks jersey on. A buddy who is a Leaf fan had something very similar happen with his 10 year old son wearing a Leafs jersey. I have seen full blown fights MANY times at games and dudes just being plain old f**cking assholes.

I find the Rogers Arena experience......garbage.

This is set up by the organization. Our group was asked to help organize it. We go through a specific gate to get the signs and drum in and the adjacent sections are warned about it. It's not super drunk and rowdy and kept PC for sure.

They kind of have to; I am not a Nucks fan but used to go to games now and then. I won't even take free tickets anymore as there is so much sh*t that goes on in the stands. I watched 4 or 5 darker skin guys berate a guy because his kid (sitting next to me) had a Hawks jersey on. A buddy who is a Leaf fan had something very similar happen with his 10 year old son wearing a Leafs jersey. I have seen full blown fights MANY times at games and dudes just being plain old f**cking assholes.

I find the Rogers Arena experience......garbage.

Yes i’ve seen the same behaviour as well many a time. sounds like the same guys too.... I made my exodus from Vancouver to the island in ‘05. never looked back. when the cup riots occurred i wasn’t the least bit surprised... there is so much underlying anger in that city it’s ridiculous. Lack of affordability, everyone living on top of one another like rats, and the NEVERENDING traffic and road construction makes for one massive ball of frustration and anger.

Oh and the team is terrible. :)

Yes i’ve seen the same behaviour as well many a time. sounds like the same guys too.... I made my exodus from Vancouver to the island in ‘05. never looked back. when the cup riots occurred i wasn’t the least bit surprised... there is so much underlying anger in that city it’s ridiculous. Lack of affordability, everyone living on top of one another like rats, and the NEVERENDING traffic and road construction makes for one massive ball of frustration and anger.

Oh and the team is terrible. :)
The Riot had nothing to do with people from Vancouver. It was people that were pissed off that they had to take a skytrain back to wherever they came from.

Ward let in 6 against Detroit and got pulled in a PRESEASON game. Oh my. Small consolation but the Habs should be worse. :D

Still the best game around. Good luck everyone.

Left the big smoke in 2010. I go to the Campbell River Storm games for my live fix. Junior hockey is a lot of fun.

Ward let in 6 against Detroit and got pulled in a PRESEASON game. Oh my. Small consolation but the Habs should be worse. :D

Still the best game around. Good luck everyone.

Left the big smoke in 2010. I go to the Campbell River Storm games for my live fix. Junior hockey is a lot of fun.

Storm games are a lot of fun!! my kids love it

My wife and I are also Campbell River Storm fans as we have a vested interest. Our Grandson Reid Wheeldon has been a member for 3 years. Same thing happened to my 11 year old son in a Hawks jersey. Bunch of drunkin idiots scared him. He's still attends Nuck games when the Hawks are in town. Nobody says dick to him now and he wears the Jersey with pride.;) eman

I was die hard canucks days from birth to riot. I was there for game 7 and was disgusted at the way the fans acted. Going from that disgraceful act to the lockout the following season, I never felt the same about the Canuck or hockey in general. Now I’m following it a bit more as my employee is a huge hockey fan (Leafs).
I must say the leafs are looking good! Going from a couple of seasons where they made Washington work for it with really young players and now with the recent acquisition of Tavares. I can honestly say they can make a run for it. The canucks are still destined to be golfing come playoff time, but at least they will be a bit more fun to watch with some of the new skill coming up. Ottawa is garbage. The end.

I was die hard canucks days from birth to riot. I was there for game 7 and was disgusted at the way the fans acted. Going from that disgraceful act to the lockout the following season, I never felt the same about the Canuck or hockey in general. Now I’m following it a bit more as my employee is a huge hockey fan (Leafs).
I must say the leafs are looking good! Going from a couple of seasons where they made Washington work for it with really young players and now with the recent acquisition of Tavares. I can honestly say they can make a run for it. The canucks are still destined to be golfing come playoff time, but at least they will be a bit more fun to watch with some of the new skill coming up. Ottawa is garbage. The end.

Uh.....are you NOW part of Leaf Nation? That disgraces any hockey fan to "transfer" unless they were born of parents who may have been cousins. :p:p

You need a shower after that post. Being a Leaf fan when you live in BC is like making love to a pig.....it’s ok unless someone sees you

Hahaha! Im not saying I’m on the bandwagon, they just look like a good team is all.

You know, I’m starting to like being the villain. Go Leafs go!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back