Status
Not open for further replies.
The hole blue flasher thing I don't understand, red and green have been working well for us.
I was on a bit of skunk so decided that I needed to try something new and went with all blue. Had a 12 fish day yesterday. As fisherman sometimes we need to try something different, it just feels good. As experienced fisherman we all SHOULD realize that there is a lot of luck involved in getting "on fish". When you do get into them and the bite is on you could throw a ***** and a paperclip out and probably catch a fish. I think color (at these depths) has way less to do with things than speed and leader length. Any kind of flash with the right action attracts the fish and entices a bite. Getting them into the boat is the real test of ability :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Bite came on and off and on and off and ...... You got it , you just have to find the schools. Even a small one will do.
We probable got over 30 hits in from 830 - Noon, at which time we had our limit of 12 and left
Fish again in about 320 feet of water straight out from the south arm white tower,
Used MP 15s and other mini pinks (sorry don't know the names) 22 inch leaders with usually a green flasher.
using dummys I made of old flashers (4) just above the ball then a 10' clip and another 10' clip (with lines attached) both sides.
one side 80' and the other 75' lots of flash
I turn a lot and usually run 2.00-3.00 knots
Good Luck go getem Boys

I was on a bit of skunk so decided that I needed to try something new and went with all blue. Had a 12 fish day yesterday. As fisherman sometimes we need to try something different, it just feels good. As experienced fisherman we all SHOULD realize that there is a lot of luck involved in getting "on fish". When you do get into them and the bite is on you could throw a ***** and a paperclip out and probably catch a fish. I think color (at these depths) has way less to do with things than speed and leader length. Any kind of flash with the right action attracts the fish and entices a bite. Getting them into the boat is the real test of ability :confused:

Gonna try and steal a couple dildos from the wife and see if you on to something...

Last edited by a moderator:
4 in the box headed back.

Busy out Deep South of NA 400 ft of water

Greens/reds riggers at 87/77 both 3 dummies making a 15ft spread then lines all pink yamashita squirts

Good luck

Spread out small schools

Last edited:
1 dummy flasher per side is all that’s needed. All these social media pics and other bs that certain outfits are saying you need is complete bs. The magician has told you all in a previous post what you need. You guys are way over thinking it.

First time writer long time reader.

Seems to me there are individuals that troll this site with major EGOS or CONFIDENCE issues.

What a shame as for the most part the assistance that is provided seems to benefit the report takers and newbies that want to get into fishing

Who gives a $hit about how old you are or who said what - enjoy the sport and the fact you can fish this coast.

This is a shout out to the wannabes (without mentioning names that use their dads boat)

Bite came on and off and on and off and ...... You got it , you just have to find the schools. Even a small one will do.
We probable got over 30 hits in from 830 - Noon, at which time we had our limit of 12 and left
Fish again in about 320 feet of water straight out from the south arm white tower,
Used MP 15s and other mini pinks (sorry don't know the names) 22 inch leaders with usually a green flasher.
using dummys I made of old flashers (4) just above the ball then a 10' clip and another 10' clip (with lines attached) both sides.
one side 80' and the other 75' lots of flash
I turn a lot and usually run 2.00-3.00 knots
Good Luck go getem Boys

Thanks for all the details :) I got one today but hoping for more next time...

Thanks for all the details :) I got one today but hoping for more next time...
Good luck AB3, I only try to give back what was given to me over the years,, take what u think will help and there is a ton of knowledge here so try it all, I think as fisher person's once we refuse to experiment and learn from others we are only on the path of failure, so I'm always watching for new tactics which I sometimes find here, I try and if doesn't work heck move on. Good Luck and tight lines

Ok....time has come to find another fishing partner, most of my buddies are working during the week (when I like to hit the water). If any of y'all are interested in sittin on my Arima for a few hours during the weekdays shoot me a pm. I can't handle tobacco smoke so that's the only caveat....but I do like "beverages" ;).

Ok....time has come to find another fishing partner, most of my buddies are working during the week (when I like to hit the water). If any of y'all are interested in sittin on my Arima for a few hours during the weekdays shoot me a pm. I can't handle tobacco smoke so that's the only caveat....but I do like "beverages" ;).
I'm off on a short Tuna trip will drop you a line early next week.

Gonna try and steal a couple dildos from the wife and see if you on to something...
Let me know how that goes........with the multiple colours to choose on ya might be the new Go Too replacing ol
Gooegly Eye ........... Mind you ......that would make ya Gooegly eyed wouldn't it !

If the multi flasher strategy is to mimic another school of sockeye then it would make sense to have them look more like them cuz the fish really are blueish in color. But if the proof is in the pudding that all colours work equally as well then we really shouldn’t dwell.
I get them with chartreuse flashers but I have a blue and I’m going to use it too!

@fishin_magician, you mentioned in an earlier post that those blue flashers will become useful in another fishery. Which is that, if you don’t mind sharing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back