Boat Repaint

Brian Reiber

Does anyone know of a reliable and reasonable painter on Vancouver Island? Toying with the idea of a repaint. Stripping the bottom paint and restoring the gel coat finish would be ideal but that's a lot of work and likely not feasible. The next best option is to repaint the hull and hardtop.

Does anyone know of a reliable and reasonable painter on Vancouver Island? Toying with the idea of a repaint. Stripping the bottom paint and restoring the gel coat finish would be ideal but that's a lot of work and likely not feasible. The next best option is to repaint the hull and hardtop.
im in the same boat. No pun intended. Let me know what you find.

Several years ago I refinished a 60's era Hourston my in-laws owned. I did it myself over several weeks in the offseason. I posted my adventure here including the products I used. It turned out very nice and was extremely durable. We sold the boat last year and I'd suggest the work added $3000 to the price tag...

https://www.sportfishingbc.com/foru...-runabout-restoration-pics.44785/#post-540847
Thanks, I've done some roll and tip work before and for a small job I would do it again but on a 20' boat if I am going to invest the effort involved in restoring it even further than we already have I would like to have a pro do all the bodywork and a professional spray job that will last another 20 years.

Back