Plug thread tip's and tricks

Me too. Plugs are my go too lure. I’ve got one 4” Lyman that’s caught just about every species imaginable in both fresh and saltwater. One thing I do is tie my knot direct to the eye as tightly as possible. And I mean tight. That allows me to move the knot up or down on the eye and kind of tune the action

Last edited:
I have found that on WCVI it's always a great idea to put a big plug down deep - 7 inch 602uvbii would be my current choice.

I have lots of faves..... RVP series is sweet. ;) Not that Stormtrooper would know anything about that...

oh you're back. what was that, two minutes for unsportsman like conduct?

So, what's your experience with getting custom jobs from Tomic?

Che; my experience dealing with Tomic direct has been great. I did try to have then mod a 512 with a green stripe to look like a Coyote super trooper (cop car with a green stripe down the middle) where the green color was a bit off; I should have sent a picture. So if possible send a picture. Shipping on orders over $150 is free & I got a couple free second's lures.

I agree, my experience with TOMIC lures from a retail perspective and my personal interactions with them have always been top shelf. The team at TOMIC know what I want every time...when it's not clear, they ask questions. We have a great freindly relationship. TOMIC Lures Rock! :)

are all those plugs your custom colours that you had Tomic paint or did you paint them yourself?

Tomic's customer service is fantastic.

I have some custom ones I had painted and then before long some pro-staff started having a few made after they saw a pic.

I wish I had given it my name first....but such is life. I was inspired by Stormtrooper's concepts and had some samples made and the fish went to town.....feedback has been awesome... a couple of close variations out there....all models deadly in early season but limited results when fish are at the end of saltwater migration where I fish primarily...however in the QCI and offshore they pull hard and fast.

There are new stock Lyman lures in Canadian tire in at least one Okanagan store. Pretty sure they are molded in plastic and definitely made in China. $12.95. Glen is rolling over.
I have about 10 old ones plus about 20 wood ones I got for a buck each that are mostly incomplete (no screw eyes need more paint/top coat etc...). I'll get to them one of these days.

Back