sold

Selling my boat, the guy that wants to buy is financed through (NAtional power sports financing out of WAterloot. Question. Has anyone ever dealt with national power sports financing?

Last edited:
a quick look up doesnt make the company look good. You can do what you like but i wouldnt sent someone a bill of sale or registration numbers without having payment first.

There used to be a car scam something like this. Once they get you excited about the sale, they take for a documentation fee or something that they will give you back on the bank draft later. Smells fishy. In a bad way.

Run for the hills. A legit buyer should either be able to supply cash or a bank draft and not involve you with his finance company. This seems very odd.

website looks legit, mountian airport taxi is in the same building give them a call to confirm the lender

i would do a bill of sale stating no money has been received deal pending payment in full and the clearing of funds before release of boat

call up the RCMP and find out who locally is in charge of corporate theft, etc. Forward it off to them...

If the seller is using a finance company they should be dealing with him, and giving him the money. How he then gets that money to you (cash etc) would be decided between the buyer and the seller. I don't see why a legit finance company would be on contact with the seller. Doesn't make sense to me, I'd keep looking for a legit buyer with cash in hand.

The old saying, if it smells like, looks like and tastes like it probably is, as others stated, if you are worried/concerned then walk away, could always tell the buyer that you will only deal with him personally. Agree on a sale price, when he brings the money or the cheques clears then he gets the ownership paperwork and ICBC stuff. World has more scammers than honest people now it seams.

HM

I had this also happen a few years ago but a little different. They sent me a bank draft and I took it to the bank and the bank said it looks okay but it could take up to two weeks to clear. The scammer wanted a shipping company to pick up the boat. I would not let it go until the cheq cleared. The scammer sent me by accident a list of people he was in the process of scamming and their emails. I emailed everyone to warn them and a couple had already released the vehicle and the bank draft bounced. Be careful!

RCMP and Local Police were all too busy to deal with interprovincial and global scammers last time I tried. I tracked down names, phone numbers, bank accounts in Canada and they basically said we have internet child abusers and people who have lost money already to try to help. I'd just block the number and move on or text them back and say please call me on my work line and give them the cops number.

Back