Got a hook stuck in you???

tains

Crew Member
Watch "Great Hook Removal Technique - ANGLER BURIES HOOK IN HAND" on YouTube

Got a small mosquito larvae fly right in my eyelid one time. Like it went in balls deep in between my eyelashes. Doc at the hospital emergency room couldn’t believe it didn’t poke through either side.

I was fishing alone and it was a 20 mile drive to closest hospital emergency room. All I could think about was what I was going to tell my then girlfriend/now wife. I have a history of ending up in strange hospitals when I work/fish/play by myself and am away from home. Lol

Last edited:
Cut lots of #15 halibut j hooks out of my deck hands and myself back in the day. My doctor taught me how to put in stitches and it came in handy

Hugged a small hali to settle it down some years ago, it immediately stuck me in the gut with the second 10/0 J hook causing instant yelling at the GF. She quickly cut the line between hooks, I then pushed hook thru and out, cut of barbed end and removed remainder. She was more freaked than I. Do still have the trophy scare, although its harder to see these days.

Seen guys on TV deliberately bury hook in hand to show removal, that's "brave"?. Loop of line and a good tug while pressing on eye seams to work best, but only in non serious fat parts of body.

HM

1727BFB3-3D49-4393-ADEB-7B7CFC1CFD5A.jpeg

Gaffed a 40 lb Halibut but I didn’t see one of the hooks was dangling. It started flipping around on the deck and drove the said hook into my calf. It kinda hurt when it was jumping with the hook in my leg. The 80 lb leader finally broke, to my relief. :eek:

View attachment 38928

Gaffed a 40 lb Halibut but I didn’t see one of the hooks was dangling. It started flipping around on the deck and drove the said hook into my calf. It kinda hurt when it was jumping with the hook in my leg. The 80 lb leader finally broke, to my relief. :eek:
That looks sick. Hope you bonked and eat the hali? Ha ha A cut the hook and remove or med attention?

HM

So you’re saying your more than 80 pounds. LOL. Seen that one on another post I think. Still looks like it might sting a little. Hope you got a good tip on that trip.

Oly

Good technique right there, lucky he didn’t get a tendon like that girl on Alone.

When I was a kid fly fishing on the Simlikameen river a guy from the farm on the other side of the river drove his ATV across the river to show me how to cast better. I’m like ok here ya go. First flick back he gets a mosquito through his eyelid. Ummm here’s your rod back kid... ok thanks thanks for the valuable lesson guy :)

Good technique right there, lucky he didn’t get a tendon like that girl on Alone.

When I was a kid fly fishing on the Simlikameen river a guy from the farm on the other side of the river drove his ATV across the river to show me how to cast better. I’m like ok here ya go. First flick back he gets a mosquito through his eyelid. Ummm here’s your rod back kid... ok thanks thanks for the valuable lesson guy :)

Hahaha that wasn’t me.

Back