2018 Prince Rupert Fishing Report

If you are chertering the guides will put you on the fish. I was out there for 2 weeks mid June in my own boat and although the Chinook were slow they were around, the bottom fishing was great. Lots of Halibut and cod. Heading back again July 10th-22nd for the second trip.

We are just finished day 3 self guided, first time with my boat on the ocean. Tagged out on hali, got a few ling and rock fish.

Not many people fishing for salmon due to the limit change. We are going to give it a try tomorrow.

We are just finished day 3 self guided, first time with my boat on the ocean. Tagged out on hali, got a few ling and rock fish.

Not many people fishing for salmon due to the limit change. We are going to give it a try tomorrow.

Springs don’t open until the 10th again for 1d/2p and there should be a few around.
We were starting to catch pinks at Tugwell and Lucy when we finished up so they are kicking around. Coho shouldn’t be too long, Eddy Pass or Hump Back should be seeing them pretty soon I would think.
Having your own boat allows you to explore and find your own spots which is pretty awesome.
I’ve Been using my own boat out there for 12 years now and never have to get more than 10 miles from Metlakatla to limit out unless we want to go exploring. Best of luck.
It’s a great fishery.

Springs don’t open until the 10th again for 1d/2p and there should be a few around.
We were starting to catch pinks at Tugwell and Lucy when we finished up so they are kicking around. Coho shouldn’t be too long, Eddy Pass or Hump Back should be seeing them pretty soon I would think.
Having your own boat allows you to explore and find your own spots which is pretty awesome.
I’ve Been using my own boat out there for 12 years now and never have to get more than 10 miles from Metlakatla to limit out unless we want to go exploring. Best of luck.
It’s a great fishery.

I know where humpback island is (assume that’s what you meant) but where is Eddy pass ?

How deep were you on the pinks ? Given we can’t keep spring id be happy to take anything home

I know where humpback island is (assume that’s what you meant) but where is Eddy pass ?

How deep were you on the pinks ? Given we can’t keep spring id be happy to take anything
home

I have liked your attitude front the start Brent! Go get em :)

Did you luck into hali’s Close to the limit size?

When all is said and done please post a pic or two of your outing, it’s a beautiful spot there!

I have liked your attitude front the start Brent! Go get em :)

Did you luck into hali’s Close to the limit size?

When all is said and done please post a pic or two of your outing, it’s a beautiful spot there!

Decently close to the size limt, one over and one just under. I feel like we had similar fish to some or most of the guides just maybe not as many in a day. All the guides that have BS’d with have nice and given the odd pointer also.

E59AD966-DEFC-43A1-9838-D0DD4FFE31E7.jpeg EAD719BB-5DE7-4D3C-A0F0-1863A3B92A14.jpeg 4723C5AD-D984-46FB-8010-D501DB14658A.jpeg

You guys aren’t going hungry anytime soon. Nice slabs!

How deep were you on the pinks ? Given we can’t keep spring id be happy to take anything home

Edey Pass is at the bottom of Stephen and Prescott Island. Good hali there in spots also at the mouth of Refuge Bay.

I was catching pinks between 40-60 when I was there, I would assume they should be the same now although a friend of mine was catching them at around 80 so you may have to try a few depths.

It’s a great fishery.
Two of my buddies just got back from Dundas Island. They said the bottom fishing was good but the salmon were a no show. Only one 8lb Coho in 4 days!

Any recent fishing reports? We heard from our uncle that the salmon are not as plentiful this year, by humpback or eddy pass, anything on work channel?

Back