Wanted -TrollMaster Pro 2

Rockfish

Looking for a used TROLLMaster Pro 2. Preferably one that comes with a servo unit for a later model Yamaha 9.9 kicker, but would consider others. Please send a private message. I am in the Victoria area.

Does anyone know if it is a different servo for the full remote vs Tiller model?

Thanks
Rockfish

Is your Yammy the hi thrust 2008 or newer? TrollMaster now makes a wireless version as well. The servo is the same for either model (tiller/remote)

WW

Is your Yammy the hi thrust 2008 or newer? TrollMaster now makes a wireless version as well. The servo is the same for either model (tiller/remote)

WW

It is a Yammi, 9.9, full remote, long shaft, high thrust, power lift, purchased new in late summer 2014. I don't need a wireless remote or the steering option like on the Pro 3. I am very happy with the transom mounted additional hydraulic helm to the main, cross tied to the Yammi.

A used unit for another kicker could work if the cost of a new motor servo for the Yammi is not extreme and the cost of the used unit was reasonable.
Any idea on the cost of a new servo?

Last edited:
Rockfish,
I troll also make a fantastic control. I have had mine 3 years without any issue, micro adjustment that is more noticeable on the operating screen of itroll than my Lowrance gps at it only goes to .1's
Just to give you more options that are not found in the big box climate and a device I feel is rock solid.

Thanks guys I will explore the Itroll option as well. I can source the TrollMaster Pro 2 locally at retail but it is in the $550. range out the door, tax in, but I try to support the local retailers. One of my buddies has one and it does the job and been trouble free for several years. Still, there is not much to it for that kind of money.

I have a trollmaster 2 on my boat and ended up with an extra servo that appears to be the only moving part that can be replaced. It cost me $110 to get it to my door, and can give it to for the same price. I'm in Nanaimo, so-----?

Rockfish,
I troll also make a fantastic control. I have had mine 3 years without any issue, micro adjustment that is more noticeable on the operating screen of itroll than my Lowrance gps at it only goes to .1's
Just to give you more options that are not found in the big box climate and a device I feel is rock solid.

I troll is a superior product in every single aspect. The quality of the product is top notch and the service from Joel the owner is outstanding. Give him and call and see why.

The servo is the same as used in RC models
BC shaver and hobbies downtown Victoria on fort
Price range probably 30$and up can get waterproof ones as well

There was a thread on here building one from scratch. It uses a digital servo and tester but isn’t wireless so you have to decide where you want to control it from.
I bought 3 sets of everything off eBay for cheap. Works flawlessly

15kg waterproof digital metal gear servo
12-6v step down
Multi-core cable (needs servo connectors)
Bracket
Servo tester

There was a thread on here building one from scratch. It uses a digital servo and tester but isn’t wireless so you have to decide where you want to control it from.
I bought 3 sets of everything off eBay for cheap. Works flawlessly

15kg waterproof digital metal gear servo
12-6v step down
Multi-core cable (needs servo connectors)
Bracket
Servo tester
Three sets? want to send me one! Anychance you have the link to the write up? I looked but couldn't find it last night.

I built my own as well except I didn’t use a servo tester. Wish I would have stumbled upon that before I did what I did. Hardest part is making the bracket that holds the servo. Everything else is easy

The thread I was referring to suggested a servo bracket. It is L shaped with a bunch of mounting hole options it was easy peasy. The most time consuming parts are wiring with the connectors as the wire is bought by the meter without those dinky servo connectors, and hooking up the servo to the throttle linkage. But if you look up directions for install of a store bought kit you get the idea.
Can’t find that thread either! Was sure it was on this forum... hmmm. Will try again

And yes 3 sets, this isn’t the first or last boat i’ll own so grabbed some extras. It took about 6 weeks by the time everything arrived, I could be convinced to sell a set

Yeah that’s the one! Was thinking the thread had a different title. All the parts are listed in there

This is similar to the servo I got, comes with arms for you don’t need the disc.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/DS3218-Updated-Servo-15KG-Torque-Full-Metal-Gear-Digital-Servo-/173309354198

Also these style connectors
https://www.ebay.com/itm/5-Sets-Pairs-Male-Female-Plug-Futaba-JR-Servo-Batttery-Connector-RC-Kit-Pin/162968749750

You need to power the servo tester which I did with a dedeicated switch on the dash, 12v from switch into the voltage converter, then into the servo tester. From there it’s a 3 wire multi cable to the kicker connected to the servo

Back