Was a slow morning for me back in Pedder Bay today. Not as much bait or fish marking and no strikes. 6 other boats around and I didn't see any action with them but hope they had better luck than I today. Wind gusts picked up making it to much work to check the gear by myself so went back in at 1pm. I'm not givin up!!

Did anyone go out this morning for a last summer troll west of Otter? I was thinking about going just to have one last trip up at the light....wasn't in the mood though.

Was out yesterday from 1-6pm. My buddy landed a 13lb hatchery,,,, just off the bottom 80ft of water near the wall in Pedder Bay. I had a 6lb keeper same area last week and same buddy had to release a 80 cm wild so it was his turn to get the keeper yesterday. Saw a couple of other boats land a fish as well. No keeper crabs,,,,,all undersized.

Did anyone go out this morning for a last summer troll west of Otter? I was thinking about going just to have one last trip up at the light....wasn't in the mood though.
I’m sure going to miss fishing in the kayak at the light. It was a great combination of good fishing, beautiful scenery, an accessible launch and not too many boats.
T2

I’m sure going to miss fishing in the kayak at the light. It was a great combination of good fishing, beautiful scenery, an accessible launch and not too many boats.
T2
Patience, it will come back. It will be that much sweeter when it does!

Don't bet on it. Dealing with DFO is similar to a labour contract. Give something up and you are likely never to see it again

Fished the Head and Aldridge this morning. 630am a 66 cm wild white off Aldridge and 730 a 20 lb red hatchery off the point off Beecher. 50 ft and 70 ft on anchovy

Stizzla wish i had your enthusiasm ive seen it go downhill for 20 years from no coho to barbless hooks . this is just the beginning, DFO has their teeth into us now it will expand even more next year you watch as this closure will fail big time so he will kick us more. ill bet you any money on that this liberal government is the worst i have EVER seen .... but he has good hair right!!!!

enjoy the fishing now as it wont be here forever....

You guys should electronically tag a couple of the overs and follow them to the fraser then on to a truck, then to an outlet near you or to your door step. No matter what is being done to help the whales or salmon it doesn't mean a pinch of coon ****!

Stizzla wish i had your enthusiasm ive seen it go downhill for 20 years from no coho to barbless hooks . this is just the beginning, DFO has their teeth into us now it will expand even more next year you watch as this closure will fail big time so he will kick us more. ill bet you any money on that this liberal government is the worst i have EVER seen .... but he has good hair right!!!!

enjoy the fishing now as it wont be here forever....
I agree, I’m young, foolish and full of hope, but I truly believe (hope) that one day a government will get their act together and stand up to Gillnetting, poaching and seals.

Last edited:
Stizzle on the Bizzle...

Im with him on the optimism and we all gotta do is what we can to make it better than we left it!

Out for 8 hrs today and ended up with 2 of 3. 12 & 6 pounds both hatch and both mature this year lost a better fish. the one we lost at 80ft the other 2 at 50ft. East of O.P. Breezy and November cold.

Had a great Friday night with a buddy. Weather was incredible. We kept one, released a 20lb wild to swim again for the Orca's. lost another one. Saturday morning went 3 for 7, there was a really good snap in the morning 5-7 am. lot of boats hooked up. Great couple of trips.

Fished a few hours this morning with Original out of pedder. He proved to be a worthy captain and and net guy as we landed a cute little 6 pounder on a skinny g at 50’ in 150’ . A couple of healthy dungees and we were on our way. Thanks Original!

It's not huge but it's the first fish in my new boat.

Fished the trap from 0500-0900 Saturday am. Saw a few caught first thing. One bite one fish for me. Splatter back hootchie 60-90ft.

Cheers
Sudsy

Attachments

• 20180609_112431_HDR.jpg
    20180609_112431_HDR.jpg
    461.2 KB · Views: 211
Went fishing Saturday morning for a couple hours. Caught 1 hatch spring around 8lb. Did not see much else caught although a friend in another boat released a beauty over 30lb. (he has no reason to lie and I saw a photo). Lots of bait and boats but only saw 1 other fish caught.
Nice to be on the water.

Sunday - Released a 6# yesterday in the bay of pedder. Just happy I wasn’t skunked on the first real “fishing trip”

Halibut was the big zero. However pulled up the biggest octopus I have ever seen. Like 8-10’ wing span. Thing suctioned to the side of my boat like the Kraken ! The circle hook wasn’t even in it. He was just stubborn enough to come to the surface!

Back