Trophy Reel Help Needed

Stizzla

Crew Member
I was out yesterday and one of my trophy XL reels has no sound when it pulls drag. Still clicks on he retrieve. Any ideas? It’s only been used a half dozen times.

ive heard of guys stizzla swapping springs to Islander springs for a stronger/louder click I didnt like my XL for that exact reason.

just to be sure, it made noise before? My crew all uses trophys and I don't think any of them are particularly noisy when line is stripped.
the other one makes some sound. Not very loud, but this one makes none

For those who have swapped to islander springs, is it just a plug and play, or do any modifications need to be made?

Check your springs inside your reel. I’ve had the same issue and one of the two springs that hold the clicker in place, had broken. I sold my trophy’s, too many issues with them. Get some Admunson or Islanders.

I’ve added an Islander drag spring(which made the drag smoother and less finicky), but never clicker springs.

I called around looking for pricing on the Trend 5’s. And Trotac said they will fix my reel for me. They are so good there!

I just had my Islander MR3 fixed for like the millionth time and mine was also doing this: no drag noise when paying out line. they switched out the bearings again and added an additional washer behind the drag spring. so it’s fixed for now....

I have run two tyee trophy xl reels for 4 years now. No noise ever from them, never had line creep, grease once a year and good to go.....great reels!

All fixed up. My man Dan at Trotac showed me the maintence procedure and while at it he bent and reattached the wire that had fallen off the clicker post. Also gave me lube and grease. Then $75 more in lures and I was good to go!

If I’m not mistaken, it’s not much more than an audible indicator and doesn’t impact the operation of the reel.

Had the same issue with one of my Amundson’s. Spring had broken, was a simple repair.

All fixed up. My man Dan at Trotac showed me the maintence procedure and while at it he bent and reattached the wire that had fallen off the clicker post. Also gave me lube and grease. Then $75 more in lures and I was good to go!
Hook, line and sinker. Great sales procedures!

Back