Forum members BOATS

My boat has sharkhide on it. Will it protect it in a hot marina if I leave it in ? And how often does it need to be re-coated ?

IMG_7627.JPG This is the 206 Double Eagle I bought out of Edmonton last Sept./17.This boat is by far the best shape I've ever owned (It's a 2004) but I still miss my bigger boat,so it may come up for sale.But not until I find what I'm looking for,and that could be a while given our Cdn. dollar and lack of good used boats for sale locally.

Last edited:
View attachment 37698 This is the 206 Double Eagle I bought out of Edmonton last Sept./17.This boat is by far the best shape I've ever owned (It's a 2004) but I still miss my bigger boat,so it may come up for sale.But not until I find what I'm looking for,and that could be a while given our Cdn. dollar and lack of good used boats for sale locally.

Let me know when your ready. I have owned a 1998 176 and currently have a 2006 185. I'm not ready now but I always tell me wife I need the 206 next and she never said no. The main thing that I like is the hard top I really don't like canvas tops.

x2 on the sharkhide.
Had it applied to mine at the factory & glad I did. That was 11 years ago and we're full time in the saltchuck.
The attached photos of our boat were taken last October.

I had nylic put on my brand new Silver Streak is that the same kind of protection?

My boat has sharkhide on it. Will it protect it in a hot marina if I leave it in ? And how often does it need to be re-coated ?

Do you put the Sharkhide only on the unpainted Aluminum or do you put it over the paint as well. Also does anyone know where you can buy it locally?

Do you put the Sharkhide only on the unpainted Aluminum or do you put it over the paint as well. Also does anyone know where you can buy it locally?

Just put it on any unpainted metal. It doesn't last too long on chrome or something highly polished tho. Don't put it on plastic either as it will lift and look terrible. You should be able to get it at any boat shop. I think u can check their website for distributors in your area if I'm not mistaken.

A good family friend of the in laws heard I was starting to sniff around for a new boat as the ol 17' isn't as safe as I'd like (low gunwale, and rides low) and I'm starting to travel further and further to find the good fish.
So, gentlemen, I was offered this 1974 21' Glasply for next to nothing. 4.3L v6, radar, plotter and fish finder, and many other neat accessories. Her name is Grasshopper.

The better half and I are astounded with how much room there is and how she handles the chop without a whimper. Can't wait to really take her out and give her a good skunking.

download_20180819_135105.jpg

Attachments

• download_20180819_091020.jpg
    download_20180819_091020.jpg
    261.8 KB · Views: 188
Nice looking Double Eagle, Rob. Here's a pic of our new to us 2470 pursuit walkaround " Island Style". Used the new boat alot this summer, all over from Bowen island, Nanaimo, Barkley Sound, and Nootka. Very impressed with the quality of the ride and the big fishing deck.

Attachments

• 20180630_202914_resized.jpg
    20180630_202914_resized.jpg
    419 KB · Views: 127
Nice looking boats rob and bent tip I keep getting the itch to sell mine and go bigger but the 176 really does all I need keep the pix coming makes me feel better about keeping mine

Back