2018 Nanaimo Reports

Hey, thanks for the update fellas, nice to see a few fish around and am looking forward to a bit of weather. April is usually a good month ,and those early fish are great fighters. See ya on the water

Fun morning out there. Deeper water was better. Lotsa boats out there. Not quite like sockeye fishing in the canal but Lotsa boats.o_O

Went down to the Brechin boat launch this afternoon and saw some guy cleaning undersized springs..wish the DFO were around more often....

Went down to the Brechin boat launch this afternoon and saw some guy cleaning undersized springs..wish the DFO were around more often....
Did you say something? It doesn't surprise me, the amount of people out there that don't have a clue what the regs are is rediculous, I see it every year.

I'm sure the dude cleaning his small springs was {guiding with paying quests}....it makes to become much more upsetting.I know who it is but I will not venture with it for now.

I'm sure the dude cleaning his small springs was {guiding with paying quests}....it makes to become much more upsetting.I know who it is but I will not venture with it for now.
Should take a pic and send it into DFO. There's also an enforcement line you can call in. Most guides have their phone number etc on their boats, so not hard to identify who it was and report it.

Got out today for a few hours with the girl... managed 3 in the box, a few just under, and a few shakers. Purchased some Andrew P needlefish and herring spoons... the needlefish seems to be a magnet for the shakers and the unders. The herring spoon in homeland colours did well for the bigger fish. Most we clean have had 5-9 inch herring in them. Same depths as everyone else out deep. These fish are feisty!

Attachments

• 2F7E81E6-31CF-4125-A574-00240072B22C.jpeg
    2F7E81E6-31CF-4125-A574-00240072B22C.jpeg
    352.1 KB · Views: 171
Got out today for a few hours with the girl... managed 3 in the box, a few just under, and a few shakers. Purchased some Andrew P needlefish and herring spoons... the needlefish seems to be a magnet for the shakers and the unders. The herring spoon in homeland colours did well for the bigger fish. Most we clean have had 5-9 inch herring in them. Same depths as everyone else out deep. These fish are feisty!
Did well in the deep east of Entrance today. Plugs and spoons with 220 ft of string out. Released many just legal waiting for smiley. She never came .

Stoked.. and jealous... to hear about the great fishing up there at the moment. A quick plug for the salmon diet program that we are running. You can read a bit on the thread here:

http://www.sportfishingbc.com/forum...t-monitoring-program.64885/page-2#post-858614

You can follow updates on facebook here

https://www.facebook.com/Southern-BC-Adult-Salmon-Diet-Program-493763831003993/

Two things:

Many thanks to Harbour Chandler who have agreed to act as a depot for stomach drop off. You can pick up bags and data cards from the freezer and drop of your salmon guts at their location.

Also, we will have a crew at the derby this weekend at the Brechin cleaning station. They will have cards, information, and will be collecting stomachs on site. Please drop by and say Hi, and good luck in the derby.

Will

Please PM me your email address if you would like info on this program

Ummmm, no fish in Nanaimo. We didn't keep a 15,14,10 and 8... or release a few more just legals. Spoons and hootchies were not working between 150 and 110

Haha nice -
I don't like your report and its a bunch of garbage. Saw lots of boats out this am in the NW wind - I wasn't one of them so good on you all!

Back