My new boat!

It’s 26’ but overall is 30’ single Mercury 300 Verado
What do you get for a top speed with the 300? I’m going to use my counter rotating prop as my trolling motor and pull all my hours on the one engine. Apparently they troll very nice with the digital RPM control.

What do you get for a top speed with the 300? I’m going to use my counter rotating prop as my trolling motor and pull all my hours on the one engine. Apparently they troll very nice with the digital RPM control.

My 200 merc has troll mode by 10 rpm increments. Works good and I have used it before for trolling but I would rather use my kicker to keep the use/hours/maintenance down. The only real benefit I see is it is a little quieter. The 15hp kicker is enough to control the boat in the wind and current.

My boat tops out about 37mph with a 200hp. More than double the horses on yours I'd bet your over 50 for sure.

I have the troll mode as well, but for exactly the same reason I’m using my 15 hp pro kicker

I like the scale wrap.

Do ya now? Lol, that was a wonderful choice to go with :D

Can't wait to see this beast in person. Heaven knows, you've fretted over even the minute details so I'd like to think you've got it pretty much covered.

Genuinely very happy for you guys. I know it will bring you countless hours of enjoyment.

For maintenance purposes i would recommend keeping the hours equal on your motors

My 200 merc has troll mode by 10 rpm increments. Works good and I have used it before for trolling but I would rather use my kicker to keep the use/hours/maintenance down. The only real benefit I see is it is a little quieter. The 15hp kicker is enough to control the boat in the wind and current.

My boat tops out about 37mph with a 200hp. More than double the horses on yours I'd bet your over 50 for sure.
Mercury troll control is more awesome than lesbian strippers

NICE boat waterwolf!! Can't wait to see pics of the final product. Very interested in the flip down seats and the locakable rod storage.

Awesome boat waterwolf, big congrats on the purchase. Also love your choice of engine, I'm sure the whole package will serve you for years. Well done.

Hey guys,

I wanted to thank those that have assisted me with all of my questions through the decision making process. I got word today that my new boat is going in for paint today! 3 weeks to paint and 1 week to do the pre-rig and I’ll get to bring her home to finish the rigging! I probably changed my mind a hundred times before settling on a 26’ RH Sea Hawk Pro Walkthrough (28’ overall). I’m going with twin 225 HO Evinrude G2’s for the power. The fuel economy, power/torque and 10 year warranty were a no brainer to me.

My life has been consumed with how and what to rig in it for electronics etc. I went with 2 x 12 Simrad EVO 3’s with an Airmar SS175HW through hull transducer, Simrad 4G radar, Simrad RS35 VHF, Shakespeare Phase III 8’ antenna, Furuno 711C Autopilot (specifically for its Sabiki Mode), Scotty 2116 downriggers, 12x12 trim tabs and a Fusion stereo system.

It’s gonna be a tough month waiting!

Cheers,

Curtis
Looking awesome. Can't wait to see it!!!

Congrats Curtis

That thing will be a beast and it will fly. Love your electronic package. Totally jealous and would love that for mine.

Can’t wait to see the finished product.

Cheers

I never thought of that! Give me something to do once I get everything installed!

Since global warming seems to have taken a detour around home, may not have any choice. 25 cm of snow forecast over Monday and Tuesday. At this rate, ice won’t be off the lakes until June :mad:

Back