2018 Nanaimo Reports

Thanks for the report. Nice slab! Hopefully a sign of what’s to come. I think I’ll be out for the derby.

Beauty fish. I like that cutting board too. Is it a pre fab or did u make it? We're looking for something similar.

Beauty fish. I like that cutting board too. Is it a pre fab or did u make it? We're looking for something similar.

The guys at industrial paints and plastic built it. They can make you one any size you like or you can buy the materials and do it yourself.

What dimensions is that board and how much did they charge you? I've checked out their starboard before thinking about making it myself. Not cheap stuff.

What dimensions is that board and how much did they charge you? I've checked out their starboard before thinking about making it myself. Not cheap stuff.

32x20. I went in to price out starboard and they had this one prebuilt for a customer but it was the wrong colour(he ordered black). I paid for the material only $170. Labour to build it would have been another $100. Mounting brackets were another $80 from HC.

Fished Grande close to shore for a couple hours without a sniff. Trolled out to the 700 line and had non stop action for 20-30 inch springs. A few smaller coho hitting too. 3.5 inch pink sink and green splatter back hoochie at 137 and 167. Didn’t have to change gear or depth once we found the fish. They were hitting from off grande all the way down Gabriola.

Too bad it is illegal to keep em. It would have been interesting to send it somewhere to be sampled
Yeah that’s what I was thinking. My head tells me that it picked it up swimming too close to fish farm

Last edited:
Why do you say its a weird diseases?
From the pic it looks like its got seal marks or net marks(caught before)? Especially the straight scrape marks on butt end and some on side.

Nice pics of a good day out there
Thanks for sharing
I guess maybe it’s hard to tell from the pic but it’s definitely not scars. It almost looked like fungus.

Got out for a solo fish this afternoon when the wind died down around 3. Fished the inside with some decent marks on the sounder but no love. Hit the milk run for a few tacks and gave the wood shampoo to a couple fish, one being around 13-14 pounds, both reds. Saw one other boat out there that picked up their lines and headed for the mainland, wondering how they made out fishing the 1000-1200ft line. Small spoons down deep again.

Attachments

• F360D8B0-FA38-43DD-BFC2-ECF20A55878F.jpeg
    F360D8B0-FA38-43DD-BFC2-ECF20A55878F.jpeg
    203.7 KB · Views: 145
Back