Okanagan Lake Fishing Reports 2018

It's my buddy in the picture, I was there though. I'm an ocean guy and was just a long for the day. We were above 100'

Went out last night near casaloma for 3hrs 50ft and 71ft were producting went 2 for 4 on raindbows with 2 - 4lb rainbows in the boat and had a double header at one point.

Went out last night near casaloma for 3hrs 50ft and 71ft were producting went 2 for 4 on raindbows with 2 - 4lb rainbows in the boat and had a double header at one point.

Anyone ever fish bows up further toward Vernon? Specific locations worth trying? Are Plugs and spoons the mainstay lures? Been on the Kokanee program on Kal but haven’t fished OK. Thanks!

Anyone ever fish bows up further toward Vernon? Specific locations worth trying? Are Plugs and spoons the mainstay lures? Been on the Kokanee program on Kal but haven’t fished OK. Thanks!

ive gone as far as carrs landing and caught lots of decent fish out that way but vernon not so much, plugs and spoons for sure are the goto's (Lyman 4" or Silver Horde 4") fish dark colors in darker days and the lighter colors on bright days. Now that being said ive also caught some good bows on a flasher and glow hoochies and army truck hoochies as well.

ive gone as far as carrs landing and caught lots of decent fish out that way but vernon not so much, plugs and spoons for sure are the goto's (Lyman 4" or Silver Horde 4") fish dark colors in darker days and the lighter colors on bright days. Now that being said ive also caught some good bows on a flasher and glow hoochies and army truck hoochies as well.

Awesome thanks. Quick run from Vernon down towards Carr’s or over to fintry. I’ll give it a go this fall after back from the Island.

Awesome thanks. Quick run from Vernon down towards Carr’s or over to fintry. I’ll give it a go this fall after back from the Island.

yup those are the main areas, shazam and #88 lyman plugs work well for me and skinny g spoons and also apex's work well.

Is anyone else able to see the pic of the fish? I'm unable to see it..

index.php

Got out fishing on my birthday Monday Aug 6, hit the water 6:30 (In front of Casaloma) first little guy at 6:45 then landed 2 within 30 mins at about the 2.5lb range on shazam then lost a big 6lb + bow around 20' from the boat jumping and flipping took some good runs, popped off the rigger right at 50' at 9:30am on a blue and silver mylar plug by silver horde. Lots of other hit and misses from 9:30 to 11am then got off the water since all the idiots came out with their wakeboats and skis etc.. the magic numbers are 50' and 70' stay in the 75 - 80' range of water and youll see lots of action

Went out last weekend on okanagan, landed a 23" bow in 20 mins at 7:05am just off bertram creek park on a army truck plug at 60' on the rigger. Nothing for another 4 hrs then decided to change up my plans since the regular stuff just wasnt cutting it I switched to a UV green flasher and glow hoochie and bam in 10 seconds hooked/foul hooked in the back of a 21" bow at 53' on the rigger. Finished fishing at 3pm not a sniff. Hopefully with cooler water temps coming the fish will be coming up higher.

Was out fishing on the big lake on saturday am with the father in law, launched at 7:15am little bit busy at the launch because of the fishing derby (which I was not in ). Powered up and headed towards my goto casaloma area, trolled some bucktails first thing with no luck at all, switched to shazam and army truck apex and boom 23" rainbow at 67' on shazam lyman plug. Couple hrs went by so switched up gear again went to a spin doc flasher (watermelon) and a glow hoochie and bam within 30 mins another 20"+ rainbow, then somehow got a large pike minnow on a 4" mylar silver horde plug lol. Called it a day at 12pm overall not horrible but marked alot of fish along with the couple we caught. Biggest fish that won the derby was a 33" rainbow prob 13+ lbs.

Back