Reeltime

Found a new recipe thought whoever is catching would like a new way of cooking them.

*Butterfly the prawn from the belly and snap it flat, slice down the centre does it.

Basting sauce

*In a pan put 1/4 cup olive oil ,1/2 tsp sesame oil and 4 cloves crushed garlic and sweat for 2 min .

*add sake which i prefer or white wine which is still tasty 1/4 cup

*1/2 a lemon

*good pinch salt to taste

cook for 5 min You can adjust all the ingredients i go heavy garlic and sake

When the shell is grilled it gives a real great prawn taste very intense prawn flavour.

On a high heat grill shell down, baste meat heavy , cook to your desire time, i do 4o sec on shell
then 20-30 sec on meat side, do a last heavy meat side baste a 5 sec grill then off. flames are good.

IMG_9526.JPG IMG_9551.PNG IMG_9540.JPG

Last edited:
Caught ur prawns on instagrame.. I have to give it a try ..looks danm good....:D

View attachment 36487
ha nice! you won't be disappointed, bit more prep but so worth it, i try to use the biggest prawns.

And there's that beautiful tuna, i've gotta source who sells in town, i crave it so much instead of tuna i did sashimi spot prawns you probably saw.

*light soy sauce
*rice wine vinegar
*sesame oil
*sambal chilli ( chilli sauce in a bottle )
*grated or chopped fresh ginger

After prepping the prawns on the plate put it back in the freezer on the plate to chill right down.

pour sauce over prawns when ready to serve

IMG_9524.JPG

Aw man this thread makes my mouth water.
I love the sesame seeds on Derby's thumb

Oyster Rockefeller found this simple recipe and very tasty .

- one small onion diced
- 4 garlic crushed
- 1 tblsp butter
- 2 tblsp olive oil

Add all ingredients into pan sauté for 5min

-add 3/4 cup white wine and cook off for 5 min

-add 3/4 cup of cream
-salt/ pepp to taste
-1/2 cup parmesan

Cook for 5 min then add 1 to 1 -1/2 hand full of spinach soon as it's wilted remove from heat and put it in a bowl and place it in the fridge
for when your ready to cook your oysters, plus cooling it keeps the spinach from going brown.

Open oyster spoon topping and cook to desired time, cooks fast.
Makes enough for 12 oysters
IMG_9992.jpg
IMG_9990.jpg
IMG_9755-1.JPG IMG_9989.JPG

Awesome food! Where do you buy your oysters from Reeltime? Or do you harvest yourself? What kind do you like the best with sweetest meat flavor? Myself I haven't had oysters for so long from when we harvested them ourselves up in Sechelt years ago. I have a tough time trusting buying much seafood from stores. Especially oysters I get very weary off buying. But would love to make that dish you posted above.

And if you're looking for Albacore..... if I know you're heading out to the salt chuck in the Vancouver area this Spring/Summer and I'm going out at the same time I can give you a couple vac pac chunks of loin.

Last edited:
Awesome food! Where do you buy your oysters from Reeltime? Or do you harvest yourself? What kind do you like the best with sweetest meat flavor? Myself I haven't had oysters for so long from when we harvested them ourselves up in Sechelt years ago. I have a tough time trusting buying much seafood from stores. Especially oysters I get very weary off buying. But would love to make that dish you posted above.

And if you're looking for Albacore..... if I know you're heading out to the salt chuck in the Vancouver area this Spring/Summer and I'm going out at the same time I can give you a couple vac pac chunks of loin.

Thanks Chasin' Dreams , a buddy got them for me from the island, same here i used to eat raw all the time but not no more just playing it safe
and cooking them well, big ones seasoned and straight whole oyster on the bbq and squeeze lemon is a family fav. i'll buy from a few places
in Vancouver, i'll get you the names of the stores, the sweet meat is the ones we mostly eat. Thanks so much for the loin offer, craving some
tuna, see you out there soon.

If your going on trips or just for home you can make that Rockefeller sauce ahead of time put in ice tray freeze and pop them out into a
bag, then they're ready to go, pretty tasty over salmon also. small piece of parchment small piece of salmon and 2 cubes wrap and bbq.

Spicy salmon sashimi

IMG_0795.JPG

Teriyaki pan seared salmon, medium rare on top of sushi rice drizzled with a home made teriyaki sauce.

IMG_0794.JPG

Spicy salmon rice bowl (on sushi rice ) optional after drizzle wasabi mixed soy and squeeze a touch of lemon.

IMG_0796.JPG

Recipe for spicy salmon sashimi or tuna

In a bowl

*1 cup of cubed 1/4" or so salmon ( must be your freshest salmon and i froze it before eating it raw )

*1 -1/2 table spn of sriracha hot sauce ( adjust to your heat desire i usually go hotter )

*tspn spoon sesame oil

*tspn toasted sesame seeds

*tspn chives or scallions

Mix and chill in the fridge for and hour and serve, small squeeze of lemon is nice on it to when serving.

Teriyaki sauce

* 1/4 cup light soya sauce

*1 crushed garlic clove

*tspn sesame oil

*table spn brown sugar

All in a pan low heat for 30 min, let it cool slightly to thicken.

Last edited:
Spicy salmon sashimi

View attachment 37163

Teriyaki pan seared salmon, medium rare on top of sushi rice drizzled with a home made teriyaki sauce.

View attachment 37164

Spicy salmon rice bowl (on sushi rice ) optional after drizzle wasabi mixed soy and squeeze a touch of lemon.

View attachment 37165

Recipe for spicy salmon sashimi or tuna

In a bowl

*1 cup of cubed 1/4" or so salmon ( must be your freshest salmon and i froze it before eating it raw )

*1 -1/2 table spn of sriracha hot sauce ( adjust to your heat desire i usually go hotter )

*tspn spoon sesame oil

*tspn chives or scallions

Mix and chill in the fridge for and hour and serve, small squeeze of lemon is nice on it to when serving.

Teriyaki sauce

* 1/4 cup light soya sauce

*1 crushed garlic clove

*tspn sesame oil

*table spn brown sugar

*tspn toasted sesame seed
All in a pan low heat for 30 min, let it cool slightly to thicken.

Pictures taken with an Iphone 6s
umm whats the phone number for pickup?

Going to give your butterflied spot prawn recipe a go tomorrow. Cant wait!

Back