Spam

Yes the last few days there had been the odd couple that show up. Today they seem to have hammer the forum pretty hard. I’m sure they powers that be will weed them out.

Yes SPAM
RULE # 1
DON'T open them.

It looks like a very few members have opened them, probably out of curiosity.

Looking at a thread is fine....but you can't tell if a link has been opened.
The point I was trying to make is....
If you go to the thread the spam is under, you will see how many "views" it has had.
In the past it has varied between 0 and 8 (from my observations) before ADMIN deletes them.
If we all ignore the spam and they get zero views, maybe they will stop?
Just a th0ught for what it's worth.

If we all ignore the spam and they get zero views, maybe they will stop?

Don't bank on it. ;) Pretty sure they are not looking at the view statistics on the forum....I doubt they even come back after dropping a spam turd here. They just hope people click thru...which I think we're all smart enough to recognize the posts for what they are.

Woke up to a spam-free forum this morning. WOW!

Either the spammers are busy watching the olympics and drinking vodka or the site admins figured out how to shield the site. :D

I don’t get... I haven’t had any spam ever. I’m on this forum at least a handful of times a day. Is it just good timing or am I some sort of wizard?!

I don’t get... I haven’t had any spam ever. I’m on this forum at least a handful of times a day. Is it just good timing or am I some sort of wizard?!

It appears thru the day but gets reported quickly. Early yesterday there was about 20 spam threads...almost had to go page 2 to see new legitamate posts.

It appears thru the day but gets reported quickly. Early yesterday there was about 20 spam threads...almost had to go page 2 to see new legitamate posts.
I see. Well then, I’d like to give a shout out to the admin for getting it dealt with regularly.

I belonged to another (unrelated) forum that started out with spam like this in the beginning. By the end, there were literally thousands of spam posts and you couldn't find a normal post. It was completely overtaken and had to basically shutdown. (still open, but no-one goes there) I hope something like that doesn't happen here and they can get or continue to have a handle on it...

We are trying to find a solution with spam blocking software with some, but limited success. Most of it occurs in the middle of the night so we will continue to clear it out as best we can first thing in the morning. We have had sporadic periods of spam in the past and have made it go away. We will continue to monitor and rid the forum of it as quickly as possible while we find the permanent solution.

Back