Scotty electric downriggers 1 belt vs 2 belts

Discus

The electric downriggers has 2 belt on it. They are old version. One belt on the electric downriggers are new version. If I was wrong.

I want to know if they can run with a 15 lbs cannon balls ?

Are one belt downriggers pulling faster than 2 belt downriggers?

Any more info about the downriggers?

The electric downriggers has 2 belt on it. They are old version. One belt on the electric downriggers are new version. If I was wrong.
I want to know if they can run with a 15 lbs cannon balls ?
Are one belt downriggers pulling faster than 2 belt downriggers?
Any more info about the downriggers?

I have run Scotty downriggers since they first came out.
the newer single belt and older double belt
running 15 pounds off them is not a problem for either the 2 belt system or the 1 belt
Have never owned the new high speed one

I use the older 2 belt riggers with the small diameter booms and 15 lb balls with no issues at all. They do not retrieve as fast as the newer 1106’s tho.

I have run the same old 2 belt ones since 1991 using 15 lb balls (with yearly maintenance and a couple of new motors) and they still work for me.

I usually don’t fish deeper than 150 on the counter so don’t really need the high speed ones with their ability to use 20 lb balls.

I also still use premium quality 150 lb wire

I got a new boat last year and my dad gave me his 2 belt Scotty, around the '91 year as well and I picked up another one of the same from his friend that had used it for 1 summer. We always ran a 10lb ball back in the day without the boom extended. I plan on running 15lb balls with no kicker so I just want to be sure if running the booms extended to prevent the rigger line from getting it on with the prop, won't result in a bent/broken boom. Obviously I'll be trying to avoid bottom but I just want to be sure lol.

I got a new boat last year and my dad gave me his 2 belt Scotty, around the '91 year as well and I picked up another one of the same from his friend that had used it for 1 summer. We always ran a 10lb ball back in the day without the boom extended. I plan on running 15lb balls with no kicker so I just want to be sure if running the booms extended to prevent the rigger line from getting it on with the prop, won't result in a bent/broken boom. Obviously I'll be trying to avoid bottom but I just want to be sure lol.
Make sure they are anchored good. I run an aluminum gusset from the floor to the underside of the gunwale where they are mounted to prevent flexing in the Fibreglass

Good luck

Make sure they are anchored good. I run an aluminum gusset from the floor to the underside of the gunwale where they are mounted to prevent flexing in the Fibreglass

Good luck

This is on aluminum. I put a 2ft by 4" by 1/4" piece of solid aluminum under the gunnels as a backer piece for the downrigger mount. Should hold.

Back