Pot Puller Opinion..

Anytime someone brings up big kahuna the thread is immediately steered in a different direction. He must have really offended this forum. Looks not bad to me other than welding in piks looks a little armature.

I've only ever seen people selling them after there used, generally around 300. I've never really done a lot of research in the big kahuna. in all honesty I've only used an Ace, my buddy has a Scotty and I think I'd still stick with mine! They operate great and the hands free option is awesome. What's big kahunas warranty like? Sounds like Ace is great!

the kahuna uses an el chepo winch motor, i built one myself nearly identical years back... and bought an ace brutus several months later.....stick with a professional product like the ace.

http://acelinehauler.com/products

best bang for your buck
newest high torque version
2nd year now with the auto coiler
sit back and enjoy ur pops , zero assist , does all the work for you

note *** i use 10 gauge ( 30 amp ) wires on my riggers and puller , 30 or even 40 amp protection
way more juice and power than the recommended 12 gauge ( 20 amp ) wiring , ( Voltage drop power loss )

m2b

FD

I have an old Ace before the hands free......been meaning to update mine.Only problems I have had is the switch falling apart. Called them up and they send one right away. I like the ace because they don't pull the traps into your boat with the large boom, downside to that is they take up a lot of real estate compared to the Scotty.

I think if I had a smaller boat I might be inclined to go with the Scotty, especially if you are a fish while your soaking guy.

Got lots of room then get an ace, both local product with great warrantee.

I have an old Ace before the hands free......been meaning to update mine.Only problems I have had is the switch falling apart. Called them up and they send one right away. I like the ace because they don't pull the traps into your boat with the large boom, downside to that is they take up a lot of real estate compared to the Scotty.

I think if I had a smaller boat I might be inclined to go with the Scotty, especially if you are a fish while your soaking guy.

Got lots of room then get an ace, both local product with great warrantee.
The hands free accessory goes on older ones too, not just the max torque. Unless yours isn’t the “Brutus” model that I have

Question for you guys... are the new red storage bags bigger than the old blue bags? Mine fits too tight in the blue bag once I added hands free. I assume the new bags accommodate the handsfree better?

I have the red bag and it fits the puller perfectly with the handsfree installed. I think it even mentioned on the box that it is made to fit with hands free.

Back