Advice: Best supplier online order

donnie d

Hey guys,

Bought a boat. Saying I'm excited is an understatement. Now it's time to get it geared up for the summer fishing/boating season. I am largely starting from scratch on the boating side of things. Dock line, bumpers, safety equipment, paddles, comms...so looking for some advice on shops online or otherwise. I'm in the Okanagan, so any suggestions locally would be very helpful.

Online, I've been looking on Harbor Chandler mainly. Suggestions on any others? They seem to have free shipping on smaller items - obviously not on the larger, bulkier items.

Appreciate any advice from the forum!

Thx.

Figure out what you want then call chandler. Even if it’s not on the website they will most likely have it. If you order it all at once I highly doubt there will be any shipping charges

I personally don't like to order anything that I think might need warranty work eg. electronic's online.I just like to have a local person that I can take it back to ,to have repairs or replacement.

Harbour Chandler is great, especially for electronics .
I have used these guys too. https://www.thechandleryonline.com/ They are in Ontario so no sales tax when shipped to BC. They have an off brand fender called sidewind which is great for the money.
Check online at Amazon and eBay too. Lots of deals around if you check

Awesome, thanks guys.

the chandlery online is a great source! Very good pricing on dock line and fenders....ordering now. Shipping with larger items, but even with that the all in prices for each item were better than anything I could find online.

Will call Harbor Chandler for most everything else...and maybe fire up the wife's Prime account if I can find anything on amazon...

"Dock line, bumpers, safety equipment, paddles, comms"

I'm in the Okanagan too. Canadian tire for some of it-flares, Scotty safety kit, lines, oil and leg lube. Princess Auto has a collapsing paddle that's ok and some docklines, Costco usually has a 3 pack of fenders in the spring. Trout Waters for inflatable life jackets. They'll have a big sale around Father's Day.
Another vote for Harbour Chandler in Nanaimo for GPS/fishfinder. VHF? ( I got mine at Cabela's in Tulalip.)
I haven't found a solution for marine grade wiring and connectors in the Okanagan. I got lots of it at Seattle marine just because I was there and I sometimes get replacement bits at Harbour Chandler.
I put together some non- marine welding cables from KMS for a couple homemade battery cables. They're still good after 4 seasons, but you can get proper ones online.
Impellers and other parts can be ordered through Kelowna Honda Powerhouse and Rayburns for Mercury (now called Martin Marine). They also have bilge pumps and battery switches and lots of other stuff. There is a Yamaha shop, but I've never been in.
Miller and Wyatt for spark plugs. Most specialty items will cost a bit more and won't all be at one shop.
Anyone know of a source of proper double lip? seals and trailer stuff?
I get the odd bit of tackle here, but most of it comes from HC, PNT(Parksville), or the coffee/tackle place in Ukee.

Sometimes you can find that kind of stuff on the local classifieds. If you don't need brand new lines and fenders for instance.

I found the other stuff I need on iboats or www.overtons.com

Given that switched out to a fish/ski style boat, finding stuff like this; https://www.iboats.com/shop/taylor-made-low-freeboard-fender-boat-fender.html
https://www.overtons.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=Taylor-Made-AnchorShade-III&i=307994, was important. And hard to find locally, in Langley.

If you have access to HC. Give them a list and have them package it all up for you. I bet they have, or have access to everything you need.

Congrats on the boat. Bought my new to me fishing boat last year and went through the same things. I am also in the Okanagan for a good portion of the year. As far as online suppliers - Independent Marine Supply Store in Coombs on the Island provided good service and has lots of items in there online catalogue. They were friendly, helpful and shipped quickly.

http://www.independentmarine.ca/

Also online - Trotac in Victoria is excellent and also has lots of boating supplies and equipment. Their staff is very knowledgeable and their store - oh my - could have spent all day there and lots of $$$$$.

http://www.trotac.ca/

I also dealt in person with Gibbons Motorsports in Salmon Arm for electronics, fresh water washdown and a few other things and Eddie was great to work with.

Right on - appreciate all the responses. Very good info.

Definitely picking away slowly. Just shoveled a foot of snow off my driveway, so there's no rush...winter is still firmly in place!

Next up for my purchase list are a set of DR's. Leaning towards 1106 with braid. Will keep my eye out for deals....

To bad you are not in Victoria. Every spring there is an absolutely huge marine/fishing garage sale down beside the breakwater done as a fundraiser event. It is a great event to attend if you need to outfit a boat on the cheap.

Last edited:
To bad you are not in Victoria. Every spring there is an absolutely huge marine/fishing garage sale down beside the breakwater done as a fundraiser event. It is a great event to attend if you need to outfit a boat on the cheep.

Do you have a link to this event? I may want to set up a table and sell some spoons.

I am in kamloops and i deal with harbour chandler and everytime i deal with them i am more impressed. I bought all my electronics and down riggers and marine radio. I also bought life jackets. I purchased them this time of year and got boat show pricing even after the boat show. One other thing about h/c the are very knowledgeable.

Back