What measures would you like to see SFAB bring forward to DFO for Halibut

• Minimum and Maximum size limits

• Individual annual limits

• Daily and total possession limits

• Season length

• Time and area closures

• None of the Above

Results are only viewable after voting.
OK, so this poll is being sanctioned by SFAB and will be part of their management process?

No those individuals actually talk face to face. Again like every year right on schedule people are jumping the gun and speculating. The sky is falling even as the reps are engaged. Fishing forums can't solve these issues. Just my opinion. Carry on..

OK, so this poll is being sanctioned by SFAB and will be part of their management process?

nope...... not that I know of... everything is gathered via SFAC meeting and the groups that are part of the process.. unless wildmanyeah is part of one of the group in the process??

Another untrue statement again about sfab.:rolleyes: Just look at South island. Chris Bos sfab chair Vic not in a business. Tom Cole vice chair south retired veteran. There are many more that don't work in the sector. Even if they did what's the issue?

Last edited:
Another untrue statement again about sfab.:rolleyes: Just look at South island. Chris Bos sfab chair Vic not in a business. Tom Cole vice chair south retired veteran. There are many more that don't work in the sector. Even if they did what's the issue?

There is no issue, makes sense that people with skin in the game would be part of the groups.

No those individuals actually talk face to face. Again like every year right on schedule people are jumping the gun and speculating. The sky is falling even as the reps are engaged. Fishing forums can't solve these issues. Just my opinion. Carry on..

Another untrue statement, social media plays a big roll these days. You can bet that most of these sentiments that are on these forums make their way to facebook, Twitter ect then are repeated in fishing shops ect...

Last edited:
Another untrue statement, social media plays a big roll these days. You can bet that most of these sentiments that are on these forums make their way to facebook, Twitter ect then are repeated in fishing shops ect...

Yes but your approach is wrong, and not effective all I am saying.

nope...... not that I know of... everything is gathered via SFAC meeting and the groups that are part of the process.. unless wildmanyeah is part of one of the group in the process??
Thanks Derby. I thought this was an unorthodox way to try and get consensus.
An interesting way to engage in the subject but still not as effective as going to our local Sfac meetings

True, but it allows folks who live to far away to attend meetings. I wish there was a way for Canadians to ingauge in this National resource issue
Currently it's just locals fighting the fight.

It's time these groups get organized like the environmental groups and move to the national stage.

Just my 2 cents.

Dont worry we will get ****** over again do all the polls and speculation you want it doesnt matter one bit what you guys write in here. all it does is spread rumors and speculations.
WE WILL GET ****** I guarantee it. they don not give one **** about joe fisherman this is coming quite apparently clear...........
WOLF

Minus getting 25% it TAC (which we deserve) would guys rather have:

1. 1/1 any size
2. 50 lb / 12lb
3. 60 lb / 12lb (with new math this may be over what tac we get)

Personally I would rather have 2 - 30's. I don't like having halibut in the freezer too long so prefer 30-40 pound fish over larger which take longer to use up.

10 to 40 pound one is fine with me. As someone that has to travel far I’d prefer an increase in the possion limit and a decrease in the annual limit

I'd vote for 1/1. Just me though although quite a few I've talked to seemed to share sentiment. I guarantee amount of quota used under experimental license would go down under this scenario as well.

I see the pros to that as well most people would like to keep what they catch. Hard to throw back a trophy.

I think my dad has a picture of me crying because I wanted to keep a boot of a pink from the Fraser river that I caught in the back channel on herrling island.

One and one works for guides-- but not for us who make multi day trips. Am I going to drive all the way to Hardy or Tahsis dragging the boat for one hali in three days fishing ? Hell no! I would prefer to see the annual dropped to 4 instead.

Back