Status
Not open for further replies.
jfc if this was a van isle thread the mods would tell people to get back to fishing reports, start another thread on it for crying out loud

Well....it kinda ties in with another topic...enforcement in the Vancouver. Lots of RCMP, VPD and Fisheries out there in recent months...as in LOTS. They're still finding many people without barbs pinched FFS! That regulation came in 20 frickin' years ago... 1998...and they're STILL catching a large percentage using barbs.

So it definitely pays for everyone to know the rules.

As for reports...Tunstall and along the Westside of Bowen continue to produce using the usual gear and techniques. Get your arse out there! I have also heard good reports from Defense for some boats in-between strong northerly outflows.

I'm personally chomping at the bit to get out there.

All thanks to hot tips from Jason @bonchovie we had 12 bites in Howe Sound today!
Some lost, 5 released, kept two and the last one got smoked by a massive seal lion right as it broke the surface!
Had the place to ourselves which was great. Hootchies were best for us.
Defence?

#Howesound
I’ll never get another hot tip again if I say another word! Best I can do is, it’s not some new secret spot nobody’s ever heard of. Plus, they move around right?!
To funny ya they move around thats why its no big deal if ya said anything and I know Jay I can just ask him but this is a fishing report section

To funny ya they move around thats why its no big deal if ya said anything and I know Jay I can just ask him but this is a fishing report section
If a guy gives you a location and says “maybe keep it on the downlow”, then that’s what you do.
I asked if he was cool with reporting what I did and he was, so I did, for all of you. Take it or leave it! Or call him yourself!
Lol

If a guy gives you a location and says “maybe keep it on the downlow”, then that’s what you do.
I asked if he was cool with reporting what I did and he was, so I did, for all of you. Take it or leave it! Or call him yourself!
Lol

Down low in the mud? Green glow spoons and hootchies?

Anchovies?

Depths fished?

jfc if this was a van isle thread the mods would tell people to get back to fishing reports, start another thread on it for crying out loud

Haha...we have intervened more on the Vancouver reports thread than any other over the years, so thought we would wait and see if anyone else would like to take a stab at reminding everyone to start a new thread if they want to discuss things other than fishing reports. Now that you have done it for us Nicnat, we'll see if it has a positive effect! ;)
Wait, might have to slap myself for derailing the thread again...:)
Now...back to reports!

Didn't mean to cause no drama, and to clarify, would never drink and drive! :cool:

Howe sound this week, had a good haul!

8 fish to the boat, 1 keeper, handful of prawns and crab

Attachments

• IMG_2495.jpg
    IMG_2495.jpg
    424.7 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_2496.jpg
    IMG_2496.jpg
    392.8 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_2659.jpg
    IMG_2659.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 139
89EC527F-63CC-4ED2-81A8-09D79CC175DC.jpeg Two quick bites this a.m. at Tunstall to call it a day with with both fish loaded with bait that were perfectly size matched to the Skinny G’s that they bit. Made for a perfect West Coast lunch ... fresh salmon caramelized on the BBQ, a loaf of fresh bread from Beyond Bread and a Twin Sails IPA.

Just a heads up if anyone here lost a prawn line from the South side of Bowen on Sunday, we saw one caught in between two enormous logs drifting west. One of the logs was riding on top of the other and the float was right in the middle so there wasn't much we could do to rescue it. The float was kind of faded and the number wasn't clear enough to read from a couple meters away--we really tried! I hope you get your line back sometime.

Over the last couple years I've had mixed success winter chinook fishing in English bay (more consistent in Howe Sound), but was just wondering if anyone has ever tried winter chinook fishing east of the second narrows. Looking at the chart I would think Cates Point might be a natural holding point for bait and thus chinook but have never heard of anyone even trying there. Normally wouldn't even consider it but will be in the area over the weekend and trying to figure out how I can juggle my required fishing fix with other peoples requests......flood tides must push fish into Burrard inlet so I guess if you fished there everyday you would eventually catch something but just wondering if anyone has any reports from the past?

Over the last couple years I've had mixed success winter chinook fishing in English bay (more consistent in Howe Sound), but was just wondering if anyone has ever tried winter chinook fishing east of the second narrows. Looking at the chart I would think Cates Point might be a natural holding point for bait and thus chinook but have never heard of anyone even trying there. Normally wouldn't even consider it but will be in the area over the weekend and trying to figure out how I can juggle my required fishing fix with other peoples requests......flood tides must push fish into Burrard inlet so I guess if you fished there everyday you would eventually catch something but just wondering if anyone has any reports from the past?

Hey Tinny
Yes theres bait in that area but ..... it doesn't seem to bring in the salmon for some reason. We jigged up a bunch there last winter !
There is a couple spots up the arm that have given up a few springs over the years !
Look out for the RCA's

Over the last couple years I've had mixed success winter chinook fishing in English bay (more consistent in Howe Sound), but was just wondering if anyone has ever tried winter chinook fishing east of the second narrows.
When there was a rearing pen up there we caught some fish but that was back in another century.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back