Dual Axel Trailer 7-8,000 lbs 24-26 feet.

kaelc

I'm a few hours into researching buying a new trailer in Seattle or Vancouver. I'm looking for the a Dual Axel Trailer 7-8,000 lbs 24-26 feet and wondering if anyone has already done all the research and found a great trailer.

It looks like $9000 CAD for a Tuff Trailer with 8500 carrying capacity might be the way to go? I need 6.5-7k carrying capacity but for a 25 footer and it never hurts to have a bit more capacity for beer and led.

http://www.trailersales.net/New-Inv...-TSA8500T-Abbotsford-British-Columbia-3035217

Thanks guys!

When I needed one for our 26' Hourston I had a galvanized trailer built by Roadrunner here in town and it has worked well other than the tongue jack failing in less than a half season. I do like the build on that Tufftrailer.

Had a trailer built by roadrunner..wouldnt do it again! Cheap offshore parts installed by unqualified people.
The brakes failed on my way home to the interior due to a leak, fasteners holding the brake lines on failed.
Bearings began to fail within a year, had to replace with good quality ones as the originals were no names.
Overall a poor job.

After a bunch of research, I bought an EZ Loader last year (5,000 lb double axel). Seems very well built, quality materials and has worked very well so far on a couple of hauls from the Interior to WCVI and back.

I've bought 2 trailers from Roadrunner. Never any serious issues and always had a good experience with followup if something minor happened. All trailers fail over time. Salt affects everything. I'd recommend Roadrunner to my friends any time. People don't want to pay for quality today, hence reason some parts like tongue jacks are made offshore. Build the trailer you want and put on the good ****. Pay a few bucks more but in the long run its cheaper. IE put on a Fulton tongue jack. Go talk to Mike the owner directly. He fishes.

Take a look at wordboats.com . I got my trailer for them 3 years back. Really good pricing for what i wanted. Shoot me a PM if you need more info.

Dan

Just make sure that when pricing trailers that you are comparing apples to apples and not apples to oranges. Make sure they are all built the same, brakes are the same and lights and any thing else. All the little things add up. If it were me it would have electric over hydraulic Disc brakes. Bunks in the back and rollers up front. Over rated load range tires, LED lights, and a good Fulton heavy duty tongue jack. Stainless Speedy sleeves on the axles and oil bath bearings. The last thing you want to be doing is ******* around with your trailer on the side of the road. Get more trailer then you need and get it right the first time, maintain it and you'll never have problems.

For the price and the cost to convert it still a good price. Conversion, exchange, taxes, still under $6500

I had an Aluminum LoadRite trailer triple axle with electric/hydraulic. Great trailer.

I have an Galv EZLoader 24ft/5000lb now with surge/drum now. It hauls and loads good, no complaints.

Spend a bit more and buy something other than a road runner. Won't even get into how many parts needed to be replaced on mine within a few months. Would never recommend.

Bought a tuff trailer last year from the same place in abbotsford... It was the 6000lb short trailer model with dual axles and so far its been great; absolutely no problems on any road trips and the build quality seem to be top notch. Boat just seems to glide behind the truck, the dealership seem fine to deal with.

I was at express custom trailer in Parksville today and they have started making boat trailers.

They had an aluminium i beam triple axle trailer out front. Torsion axles, kodiak disc brakes, electric over hydraulic brakes. It looked great as good or better than any tuff trailer ive seen. As good or better then my load rite elite i had. I should have grabbed a picture.

Id check them out if i was looking.

We have had a Tuff trailer for 9 years. Bought it at Sherwood marine in Victoria and we keep our 23’ sea swirl on the trailer. We trailer everywhere. up to gold river once a year and Renfrew a few times per year. The trailer has been great but the vault bearings take a bit to get use to. The one great thing is Sherwood now stocks all the parts we need. (Not the case when we first got the trailer.). If you are in Van you can gets parts directly from Tuff. Tuff has been excellent in providing warranty and replacement parts but it took time for delivery. I think trailers are like engines, get one that you can gets parts and serviced locally.

Back