Christmas Wish List

ILHG

Crew Member
So, I am sure most folks have a Xmas wish list of something for next season. There are many gear junkies out there.

I will start off with mine. If Santa got me any one of these I would be a happy guy. They are pricy so I wouldn't be to disappointed if its out of Santa's budget. I have realized that Santa cant carry a new boat on his sleigh due to insurance reasons, so I am going to have to do that one on my own.

Material Things:
- Rapala Shift Mooching Reel
- Shimano Game Type J Saltwater Jigging Rod

Wishes that might need Xmas magic:
- Keep our salmon safe & well feed
- 20% TAC on 2018 Halibut
- 2018 be known as the year of bait fish
- Catch a Lingcod over 40 lbs (Which I promise to release)
- Increase in DFO funding
- SRKW acquire a taste for seal meat

Thanks to everyone on this forum for all the discussions in 2017. While we don't always agree on everything, we are all passionate. We all share a love of our waters & the fish who inhabit it. I can truly say I have learnt a lot this year & even changed the way I look at things.

Those are some pretty great Christmas wishes. Mine are:

Material Things:
- Literally anything from leftcoastlures and aptackleworks
- 3 9' mooching rods (Boat's not big enough for longer)
- Catch and Release rubberized Net

Wishes:
- May the calm winds fall on my days off
- At least once have the trifecta of fish in the hold at the same time (Halibut, Salmon and Ling)
- SRKW develop taste for seal meat
- Safe, happy and fat fish populations
- I lose all my old/unwanted gear, so I can replace with new and shiny

My wish is that we can organize all BC charter fishing operators to add a $5.00 environmental fee to every trip they provide and then have those funds donated to an agreed apon salmon project in their local area.

Those two Tekota reels that guy in Chilliwack has for sale on Craigslist.

Two rods suitable for dragging divers/deep sixes.

A Kone Zone Daisy Chain in Purple like they have hanging @ PN&T in Steveston.

Hopefully Santa is good to me this xmas and leaves some cash under the tree so I can sell my 2 trophy reels and get a couple islanders . Time to drink the kool-aid. Other than that, just keep working and saving and watching the new boat fund grow.

So, I am sure most folks have a Xmas wish list of something for next season. There are many gear junkies out there.

I will start off with mine. If Santa got me any one of these I would be a happy guy. They are pricy so I wouldn't be to disappointed if its out of Santa's budget. I have realized that Santa cant carry a new boat on his sleigh due to insurance reasons, so I am going to have to do that one on my own.

Material Things:
- Rapala Shift Mooching Reel
- Shimano Game Type J Saltwater Jigging Rod

Wishes that might need Xmas magic:
- Keep our salmon safe & well feed
- 20% TAC on 2018 Halibut
- 2018 be known as the year of bait fish
- Catch a Lingcod over 40 lbs (Which I promise to release)
- Increase in DFO funding
- SRKW acquire a taste for seal meat

Thanks to everyone on this forum for all the discussions in 2017. While we don't always agree on everything, we are all passionate. We all share a love of our waters & the fish who inhabit it. I can truly say I have learnt a lot this year & even changed the way I look at things.
That's a fine list my friend. That jigging rod is badass! What reel would you run with it. I caught a 65lb hali on a big butterfly jig last summer with that rod and a Trinidad 16NA. Probably the most fun I've ever had fighting a fish...

My list...

Material Things:
- 2 matching Amundson TMX5's in blue
- a shiny new blue anodized Beckman net

Wishes:
- For our government to pull their head out of their a$$ and start dismantling the fish farms...what a sad state of affairs that program is.
- That the dogfish find a new home away from Campbell River :)
- For people to just relax and stop sweating the small stuff. I can't tell you how many times I've almost seen guys get in a fist fight while launching their boats.
- Take my wife on a multi-day adventure with the boat and have her see a whale in the wild for the first time.

I hope you all have the opportunity to spend quality time with family and enjoy some R and R.

Cheers,

WW

Merry Christmas from my house to yours. Wishing you all a safe, happy and fishy holiday season. I hope I wake up tomorrow to find Santa has hung more ornaments on our tree :)

Attachments

• IMG_20171224_113513088.jpg
    IMG_20171224_113513088.jpg
    318.7 KB · Views: 100
More time on the water....and a chance to try an Islander TR3 without buying one.

Back