Ace line hauler question

I wonder if you can just upgrade with the new motor to turn a Brutus 40 into a max torque and what the cost would be.

I had an issue last year raising the last shrimp pot. It got caught on something at depth and stopped the ALH in its tracks. Ended up popping two fuses. Had to haul the thing ALL THE WAY UP by hand. What a B**ch. Other than that, I have had no issues with it. What is the auto spooler?

The next best thing to sliced bread ! http://acelinehauler.com/bulldog-hands-free-accessory

Fish Assassin put me onto this. I have soft plastic round bins that I put on the deck under the hauler. Turn the beast on and stand back. no more hand coiling and no bending down. Its a smaller version of the coilers that the commercial guys use .

The line coming through the puller has a bias that seems to govern which way it falls after it comes through the pressure wheel ( the black hard rubber roller ) My ropes coil mainly in a right hand circle... but will every now and then switch direction and coil to the left. Usually it will correct itself and resume a right hand drop. You can get a tighter coil if you use a basket to catch the line and raise it up off the deck. Conversely, drop the basket lower and it will drop larger coils. I suggest you look in UTube and all things will become clear! :D

I want to try a different shape container to catch the rope, if Im not there to manage it as it tries to coil, it just goes everywhere.

What containers do you guys use to catch the coil?

I want to try a different shape container to catch the rope, if Im not there to manage it as it tries to coil, it just goes everywhere.

What containers do you guys use to catch the coil?

My rope won't self coil with chucks hands free. Seems to only like poly.

I did see youtube vids of this but the ones I saw weren't really clear on how it worked. Also looks like everyone uses leaded line which is what I have.

Some lead core-- some not. Biggest problem is that I get distracted and stop watching the line drop into the basket. Those damn line weights are sneaky and will get stuck in the pulley if you are not quick to remove them

They look like this. You can get them at Home Depot or Rona. Works great. I can get 2 coils in one bucket.

View attachment 36092
Something I learned the hard way-- drill holes in the bottom of the baskets if you are stacking them dry. Otherwise they get stuck together and it will take two people to wrestle them apart..

Back