For Sale - 2802 Trophy with 300 HP Verados

BigHog

Last edited:
if you are thinking this way kaelc, a removable canvas system with tent poles and hammocks is a great rear deck option.. had my kingfisher set up like that when i got it. so nice sleeping outside.

are you pulling the plug on the Biz too John or just changing up boats?

Pretty sure they have 2 double beds in them one in the v berth and one under the helm area. I ve fished beside this boat lots, one of the more respected charter boats around Vancouver. Would be a epic set up with all that new power for some of the long hauls you wanna do Kaelc.

if you are thinking this way kaelc, a removable canvas system with tent poles and hammocks is a great rear deck option.. had my kingfisher set up like that when i got it. so nice sleeping outside.

That's something I wouldn't mind doing eventually. I love sleeping on the back deck on my cot. Usually do it under the stars but can wake up a bit wet at times... hehe. Often we'll put up a makeshift tarp, but that doesn't always keep the rain or dew out... Would be nice to have something a bit more professional.

That could get you into rivers inlet in a hurry...
or out to the banks or tuna water...

How do you find the rough water handling of these boats in the straight? I know a few lodges on the westcoast that run them in good numbers so they obviously preform well offshore. But wondering how they handle in the straight with the steep and close chop?

This boat weighs it at close to 9500 pounds so it has some decent weight to handle the short steep chop that we have. The boat runs real nice at about 20 knots in up to about 3 feet head sea and more speed going with it. The high sides direct any spray well away from the boat. There is a reason those lodges use these boats and this is just one of them. These are very safe boats with very high sides (free board) making it a great boat for the little ones....

Back