Durabait....where to buy now?

Seafever

Where on Van Isle do they sell the complete line of Durabait products?

The Durabait website isn't helpful at all...

Wisebuys had them. Alpine bought the works up....... I would give Aaron a call at alpine and see what he has left

Never heard of Alpine...where are they?

And is Durabait out of business now and it's just whatever old stock out there is being sold off?

Trotac has a good selection and Sherwood Marine in central Saanich. Alpine Marine is in Langford

The owner is still in business and has moved away from fake whole anchovy on teaserhead and into sort of a strip-on-a-wire so it's more tunable. Hard to describe.

Do they work? I've always run bait here on the north coast but saw some of these at the marina the other day. If they work as well as bait then I might give them a try in the spring.

Reactions: abl
Well......they aren't bait but do roll like bait given the right tweak. I'm not going to bash or rave about them..... I have caught fish using them however, mostly winter resident fishing.

Good luck!
GnB

In the summer I didn't get any fish with the Durabait that looks like a baitfish. May have been my fault because you have to get those to roll nice just like any other bait rig.

However the one pictured below seemed to turn them on in clear head. (Green head:- no)

Pretty easy to rig...then just get them up to correct speed and no problem..

(You need roller beadchain on the flasher end of the leader)

IMG_0595.JPG

Durabaits are sold at.... Trotac Marine in Victoria,Alpine Marine in Langford,Island Outfitters in Victoria,Sherwood Marine in Saanichton ,Home Hardware in Sidney ,Harbor Chandler in Nanaimo ,Method Marine in Tofino ,Tyee Marine in Campbell River and Courtney ,Shop-Rite in Port McNeil, and Sea-Sport Marine in Prince Rupert....and yes they do work. I have won three derbies with them and placed in top 5 in two others. Won Elk Lake Derby twice with the trout baits, and James Bay Anglers with a 22 pounder caught beside breakwater. They work all year round you just have to find the fish and put one in front of them!!

Seafever...are you talking about Durabaits or Baitrix?.....what is in the picture is a Baitrix... Durabaits and Baitrix are two different products made from different material

Seafever...are you talking about Durabaits or Baitrix?.....what is in the picture is a Baitrix... Durabaits and Baitrix are two different products made from different material

I get them confused. Yep. Baitrix. I think they both made imitation strip though..

The Baitrix looks interesting. Decent website but it looks that they're selling the business and they can't be ordered online. I'm curios who stocks them as well?

Back