22' Double Eagle Build

Nice Job windsurfer. love those old DE...The wheelhouse shocked me also, but looks good. Keep us posted. Lots of pic's !!!!

I think the pilot house is really cool! As well as all the other work! Round corner laminated window glass? In like zip strip rubber frames? I'm thinking like around $2000 glass? Just considering..

Gee, you'll never be able to pull away from the dock with all the curious bystanders asking dozens of questions about your original design.

Amazing job

It's finished. Enough for this year anyway.
I've had difficulty importing pics here from apple devices. They kept turning sideways. I had to email them to a windows computer to get them to stay right way up.

I can run on one engine, but it feels a bit underpowered. On 1 it'll do 30mph at 5600. On 2, tons of power, 40mph at 5600. I'm in Ukee. I seldom go more than 25mph. I've had gauge issues, and just had them replaced. I don't know the gph, and mpg #s.

I know it's not really a question pertaining to this thread, but is it harmful in any way running on one engine at speed when 2 are available? Is it common practice for anyone or does anyone do it every once in awhile?... apologies if it would or should be a question for another thread. Just curious as i've never done it at speed...
Beautiful boat by the way. That's a build you can really be proud of!

I can run on one engine, but it feels a bit underpowered. On 1 it'll do 30mph at 5600. On 2, tons of power, 40mph at 5600. I'm in Ukee. I seldom go more than 25mph. I've had gauge issues, and just had them replaced. I don't know the gph, and mpg #s.
That's awesome.

For the sake of stringing letters and numbers together, my DE20 with the old Volvo 302/280 combo will do 30MPH at around 3500 RPM. I am fairly confident that if I got it up to 4000 RPM it would turn into a 600lb IED.

The only way I'll ever see 40mph would be on a GPS, heading down a fast flowing river.

Back