Shimano Technium Guides

ziggy

Anyone have any thoughts on the guides on the 10'6" technium. It seems some are Hardaloy and others are Alconite. Are there any pros or cons you are aware of? Looks like the blanks are the same ,cost the same but have different Fuji guides.

I went with the Technium 10' 6" Guide Series rods which have one piece stainless guides. Work really well and never issues damaging glass guides when the rod doesn't get handled quite right.
Tough as nails..

Ran them on our boats this year never had so many broken rods, all broke in the same place between the end eye and second eye. All of them not just one or two a bunch, nice feel I like the action but won't be running them next season.

I have 7 of them. Bought at different times over the last 6 years or so. I think there are some different guides on some of them. I'll have a look tomorrow. But I love the Technium's. Never had an issue with any of them. Have the medium's and medium heavies. Had one break cause it had a small crack in it from having a downrigger rested on it in the cuddy by a friend so no fault of the manufacturer at all. Never had any break on fish and they've hauled in lot's of critters. I also have 5 technium sturgeon/Hali/bottom fish/Tuna rods that I've had for long time and haven't had an issue with any of them either.

I also have 5 technium sturgeon/Hali/bottom fish/Tuna rods that I've had for long time and haven't had an issue with any of them either.
Do you mean the trevalla? Or is there a technium for sturgeon, hali, bottom fish, I'm not aware of? (maybe the trevalla's are a technium?) just curious... I like the shimano trevalla jigging and have a couple but have heard of them breaking every now and then. Although I don't think there are many rods that are unbreakable...

Tried my 8’ 6” Technium Sturgeon rods for Halibut but found to be too soft. Went to a Trevalla rod and found to be a much better.

Do you mean the trevalla? Or is there a technium for sturgeon, hali, bottom fish, I'm not aware of? (maybe the trevalla's are a technium?) just curious... I like the shimano trevalla jigging and have a couple but have heard of them breaking every now and then. Although I don't think there are many rods that are unbreakable...
Yes it's a technium. I'll check the model and get back to you. I think they are around 9' but I love them for all the species mentioned. Haven't fought very large Hali on them...up to around 100 lbs for Hali so far but lot's of large Sturgeon on them.

Back