2017 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

start in the tidal portion. Mouth of tribs are most productive for Chum but you catch most coho on the incoming tide no matter where you are. Bar fish from the boat with roe or if you don't have the patience/gear just use a large spinner/spoon on a spinning setup. You'll be rewarded. Just a reminder that you're only allowed 1 rod/person in the lower Fraser. Good luck!
Most bars on the lower fraser fish better on the out going tide.

Thinking of heading out to sand heads tomorrow or Sunday, but not sure if it is a good idea or a waste of time. Does anyone have fished sand heads in past few days? Any report? Thanks.

Sorry bud been working both I do if I have time I take the boat , last night I was in and out in a hour got 5 with two being hatchery !
Woah woah woah wait a sec. You can take a boat up the Fraser from the harbor and fish? How have I never heard of this?! Where? How far up? Do you anchor? What kinda gear? The wifes gunna kill me.

Woah woah woah wait a sec. You can take a boat up the Fraser from the harbor and fish? How have I never heard of this?! Where? How far up? Do you anchor? What kinda gear? The wifes gunna kill me.
Yesterday I pickup up “chum roe” at Barry’s and anchored the boat close to the annacis channel and bar fished. Messy with that stuff and kinda hard to keep on the hook. (I still got it’s smell on my hands!). Managed one small fish that I dropped back. Saw 2 other boats just under the Alex Fraser. Think there are better areas than where I was. Lol

Thinking of heading out to sand heads tomorrow or Sunday, but not sure if it is a good idea or a waste of time. Does anyone have fished sand heads in past few days? Any report? Thanks.

Odd Coho and Chum. Short bite windows. The Cohos reel in like they are dead.

This one is for the Lower Georgia Strait.... I thought about creating this in the Tackle thread but a few of us on this board are going to be over the moon about these. I know a few on the board were damn near despondent when Luhr Jensen was bought out and production moved offshore. Well....Green Glow Coyotes are back...well kinda. The original Green Glow Coyote is bar none one of the most productive spoons out there....well...was out at a local Tackle joint yesterday and happened across the spoon section where I religiously look for old stock...but this new stock caught my eye.... it is made in Indonesia and not China....the paint actually GLOWS and the representation is actually accurate. It has a welded ring up top and comes with a sharp VMC hook (I have already swapped them out before fishing for Mustads) the finish of the nickel on the back is good and the paint appears to be baked on. Te quality is already superior to that of the Silver Hordes....now while it’s not the originals....it has me buying Luhr Jensen again and some of the other colours have really improved. This is VERY encouraging.

I have fished Luhr Jensen Coyotes off against the competitors and the majority of the time Luhr Jensen wins. This past May while fishing the Hump I ran original Greens glows off against the Green Green Glow Silver Hordes....it was Luhr Jensen 6 and Silver Horde ZERO.

For those of you restocking your tackle Box....if you are in the Tackle section, check the Green Green Glow pegs for this...it will take a while for the Made in China stuff to sell through....but we can only hope this is the beginning of a comeback of sorts!

Attachments

• C6F9E331-787F-4A3F-8BC8-A150E170522F.jpeg
    C6F9E331-787F-4A3F-8BC8-A150E170522F.jpeg
    264.1 KB · Views: 231
  • 226644F0-922D-4234-A1C4-6AC50B044B6E.jpeg
    226644F0-922D-4234-A1C4-6AC50B044B6E.jpeg
    225.2 KB · Views: 218
Pic of the back of the packaging....

Attachments

• 8C1D6C07-11CB-4103-B0D0-29ED03FE5E12.jpeg
    8C1D6C07-11CB-4103-B0D0-29ED03FE5E12.jpeg
    339.3 KB · Views: 166
This one is for the Lower Georgia Strait.... I thought about creating this in the Tackle thread but a few of us on this board are going to be over the moon about these. I know a few on the board were damn near despondent when Luhr Jensen was bought out and production moved offshore. Well....Green Glow Coyotes are back...well kinda. The original Green Glow Coyote is bar none one of the most productive spoons out there....well...was out at a local Tackle joint yesterday and happened across the spoon section where I religiously look for old stock...but this new stock caught my eye.... it is made in Indonesia and not China....the paint actually GLOWS and the representation is actually accurate. It has a welded ring up top and comes with a sharp VMC hook (I have already swapped them out before fishing for Mustads) the finish of the nickel on the back is good and the paint appears to be baked on. Te quality is already superior to that of the Silver Hordes....now while it’s not the originals....it has me buying Luhr Jensen again and some of the other colours have really improved. This is VERY encouraging.

I have fished Luhr Jensen Coyotes off against the competitors and the majority of the time Luhr Jensen wins. This past May while fishing the Hump I ran original Greens glows off against the Green Green Glow Silver Hordes....it was Luhr Jensen 6 and Silver Horde ZERO.

For those of you restocking your tackle Box....if you are in the Tackle section, check the Green Green Glow pegs for this...it will take a while for the Made in China stuff to sell through....but we can only hope this is the beginning of a comeback of sorts!

This ad sponsored? :p I kid! Interesting, I'll keep an eye out myself.

Thanks for your reply F M. went out on Sunday. fished from 10 to 3 pm, quite slow day at Sand Heads. Got a nice Coho and realised a wild one .

Going to be some
Serious winds and tons of rain the next few days...Mother Nature is shutting it down for us in the Salt and calling all into the Rivers. Only 9 weeks until it’s time to break out hot coffee, Bailey’s and FIREBALL!

This ad sponsored? :p I kid! Interesting, I'll keep an eye out myself.

Good call.

I paid $9.50 each. cheaper than the leading Silver Horde stuff.... geeeeee imagine that.....

I’m sick of Silver Horde sh*te bending when a larger fish gets it deep in the corner or the paint flakes off or the Sickle hook breaks.

I’m also sick of EVERY last local fishing report saying what leading lure and what leading Flasher everyone must have. Hot Spots cost less and last longer.

Krippled and Luhr Jensen manufacture some NICE teaser heads....did you know? ;)

If the Made in Indonesia stock in the other styles is up to the task I would definitely have a look. The 6.0 sizes seem to be made in Indonesia.....they look pretty good....

boat is getting fitted with a espar and just got the drop curtain built, bring on the winter fishing

That is a great addition and investment in fishing comfort....awesome!

Back