ShockWave S5

If the claims this company makes are correct, then their product is cheap compared to others that are making similar claims. About $1050 in Can bucks.

I sat on one at the boat show, For what that's worth. Seemed a lot more smooth and quiet than my Bentley seats, but actual functional differences would be minimal. If I was in the market for suspension seats they'd be worth looking at, but I'm certainly not going to be replacing what I have.

I put these in my boat last year. They are great! Now I have to watch I don't destroy my boat and not my back. Worth every penny.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    177.8 KB · Views: 183
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    262.1 KB · Views: 175
Thanks people-- I think I will do a little digging and looking, given the positive info.

Dont need a seat. The Capts chair in my Alumaweld is in good shape and according to ShockWave it fits easily to my swivel seat base. 1/2 of what other assembly's are costing. ( except for a tractor seat that self destructed after 2 years ) But I am still going to take my time and make SURE it will work in my boat.

These are built in Sidney BC, used by DFO and Coast Gaurd

They aren't built in Sidney they are built in Westshore next to Harley Dealership. They are a good product but I just dont like the fact all the metal/machined parts are made in China and offshore. I don't know if its like that now but where they assemble them the company that makes them has their facility there. Its been some time since I followed that company, but a few years ago they were doing that and I am sure it hasn't changed.

I have them on my 20ft Wooldridge and am very happy with them. There is probably some more fine tuning I could do to make them even better. With my boat the windshield is very far forward which means lots of deck space but a rough ride for the captain an co pilot without suspension seats. The Fox shock is originally designed for downhill mountain biking so is mean to take lots of abuse. I used my original Bentley seats and added a swivel mount with a piece of starboard to build up the height. Mine could be a couple inches higher for optimal comfort.

Cuba libre I'm in courtenay if you want to check out the s5 seats and chat about install shoot me a pm.

They aren't built in Sidney they are built in Westshore next to Harley Dealership. They are a good product but I just dont like the fact all the metal/machined parts are made in China and offshore. I don't know if its like that now but where they assemble them the company that makes them has their facility there. Its been some time since I followed that company, but a few years ago they were doing that and I am sure it hasn't changed.
Your info is correct. I originally thought they were built in Canada but my order took several months to get completed this spring as they were “waiting” on parts. I still think they are the best option out there though.

Airwave Pedestal.png

If anyone looking for a different solution, I put these in about a year ago. The ride is great and they are made to fit in the existing screw holes of most seat bases and work with existing helm chairs. Nice thing is you can still swivel your seat.
I'm in no way affiliated so honest review. They are called Airwave Pedestal - quick google search you can look them up and all the specs.

Cheers

They were expensive 895 USD like everything else boating related :( The contact I had since sent me an email saying they now have a distributor in BC - checked email now - it was Campbell at Trotac if that's helpful.

Cuba libre I'm in courtenay if you want to check out the s5 seats and chat about install shoot me a pm.

Awesome-- yes I would really like to have a look at your set up... please let me know when its convenient for you. (250) 338-0091
Cheers
Bryan

We carry the S5 module at Alpine Marine for $1099 and I have personally used the seat out on the water, it is definitely the best value available in suspension seats. The best part of the S5 is that you can bolt any aftermarket seat to it. Shockwave seats are made in Sidney by Professional components. The shop you are referring to by Harley Davidson is Shoxs seats, a competitor, but they don't have anything equivalent to the S5.

Back