Rubber floor matting

Brian Reiber

Does anyone know where I can get 1/2" thick rubber matting in a 6' wide roll. Looking for something cushioning and non slip for our decks.

Was looking for similar but weight of solid Matt concerned me. Here's an option from Home Depot

Attachments

• IMG_1309.PNG
    IMG_1309.PNG
    606.5 KB · Views: 87
My friend had the Home Depot product in his Arima and the floor is always filthy with the holes and blood and scales.

One site said 4 pounds per square foot for solid

Was looking for similar but weight of solid Matt concerned me. Here's an option from Home Depot
We bought the stuff from Home Depot. It was reasonably priced and it feels good under foot but we aren't happy with the install trying to cut around fish holds, etc. I'd like a product that will fit the entire beam of the boat and then just trim out for openings. I'm not overly concerned about weight (within reason). I figure a little extra weight will just make the DE ride that much better.

Try North west Rubber in Abbotsford, they make it all from bed mats to barn mats and everything in between

My friend had the Home Depot product in his Arima and the floor is always filthy with the holes and blood and scales.

Decided on a similar home depot 3x4 holed product because I thought a large area matt might be harder to keep clean. Found when fish/blood/slim hits the deck I just lift the dirty section out, a quick ocean rise and off fishing again. Nice and clean, No mess. If Blood does pool under matt then I might have to lift a section or two at home and get the scrub brush out to clean the diamond coat floor. ( I keep a small hand car brush and pail to help reduce this as well). If you don’t do a quick ocean rinse the scales and blood dry on then its even harder to clean later. Mats sure made the deck alot safer especially when it gets slimed.

I have a few 3x3 pieces available free to the first taker. I'm located in Tsawwassen. PM me regarding pickup.

I only use small pieces of the perforated stuff to act as a cushion for my pancake leads to sit on and another piece for my net handles to sit on instead of the deck. They are bad for trapping dirt and blood. I wouldn't have solid for two reasons, weight and the floor will never dry out. Ok on aluminum but not glass with wood core.

One site said 4 pounds per square foot for solid
I'll bet his boat looked like a scary fish murderer!!! ;)

Stall mats. Try local equestrian supplier or even an industrial belt supplier. As in conveyor belt.

Go to cap it or another truck accessory shop and they will have 4x8 and 4x6 truck bed mats, solid rubber and non skid. Cut to fit deck and done.

Industrial Plastics have the thick solid rubber mats too. They are usually not a cheap store to buy from though.

Home Hardware building centres have rubber gym mats, they're 3/8" (10 mm) thick and solid, no perforations. $10 for a 3'x 3' mat.

Back