Evinrude Etec G2

Gazza

I am thinking about buying a 2018 campion 682 SC with twin ETEC G2 150's. Does anyone have any feedback on these motors and how they perform?

You would have a fast boat with those engines. You might want to go with a 250 hp and a kicker if you are going to fish .

I have twin 2017 Etec 115s. Accelerate fast. Quite loud. Less top speed than you'd get with a big single. Icon gauges are glitchy and expensive.

I regret buying the icon gauges. The motors work well on my boat. I like having twins.
The one I am buying comes with the icon touch 4.3 so hopefully it is better than the icon gauges. I am looking forward to twin engines as I will give me peace of mind when off shore.

m2b

make sure you have a reputable dealer . the service here in Vancouver is horrid now that the "real" Lordship on Victoria has
been bought out by a guy way out in delta , middle of no where , and there way to busy , brushed me off like a chump , was a customers of Dougs and Murrays for over 30 years !! Haruna is just way to small as well , good guys , but also , way to busy

will never buy another Evinrude with the current shops selling and servicing them today ,
, stick with a shop you trust , and can get good service when in need ,
no one beats Gordy ar Breakers Marine :)
no matter what type of motor you own , he is always there for us !!

fd

m2b

make sure you have a reputable dealer . the service here in Vancouver is horrid now that the "real" Lordship on Victoria has
been bought out by a guy way out in delta , middle of no where , and there way to busy , brushed me off like a chump , was a customers of Dougs and Murrays for over 30 years !! Haruna is just way to small as well , good guys , but also , way to busy

will never buy another Evinrude with the current shops selling and servicing them today ,

fd
Thanks FD, the dealer is local and I have been promised front of line service. I know the owner and the operations manager very well as they are friends. I got a ten year warranty on these engines so I couldn't turn the deal down.

That sounds awesome don't get me wrong , I loved my motors , they kicked butt for seven years with minimal problems , Mind you, mine are much older , they still run awesome , traded them in for a Mercury Verado 350 , my new service dealer here in Port Moody , seem like pretty solid nice guys , Chris will be servicing my motors for years to come hopefully !

FD

m2b

fd
I'm with dog ducker, the current repair shops in the lower mainland can not fix the etecs. Now they changed to a G2 and I do not have confidence in simple future repairs. Currently talking to evinrude about problems and the amount of money I have spent on a simple tune up. The place in NVan did a tune up and it cost me double because the gap was all over the place.... .050 is not the gap.
Also was supposed to get 5 injectors replace but records only show 2..... Are they doing the other 3 for free?

Great motors just clueless techs.

m2b

fd
That's brutal to hear, the guys at Lordship on Victoria were awesome.

I am thinking about buying a 2018 campion 682 SC with twin ETEC G2 150's. Does anyone have any feedback on these motors and how they perform?
I just got a single 225 HO G2 for my 23 seaswirl and I love it. Fuel efficient, torque........ more engine then I needed. Bought it from Parker marine in Nanaimo. They Are great. I would not get the small screen with twins. Everything I need comes on my lowerance. I would just get wifi adapter and use my phone for anything the gauge offers but I have a single engine. A guy on the striper forum bought a 250 g2 and we met up with him for a test drive. It was like a sports car compared to ours (225 2 smoke Evinrude same boat). So far I love this engine and the fuel economy. I recommend the purchase. The real complexity with these engines(and a big portion of the cost) is the rigging. Do your research. Feel free to pm me for advice. My friend with a large Grady is currently repowering with the twin 150 Ho g2. The warranty I got was 10 years.

I just got a single 225 HO G2 for my 23 seaswirl and I love it. Fuel efficient, torque........ more engine then I needed. Bought it from Parker marine in Nanaimo. They Are great. I would not get the small screen with twins. Everything I need comes on my lowerance. I would just get wifi adapter and use my phone for anything the gauge offers but I have a single engine. A guy on the striper forum bought a 250 g2 and we met up with him for a test drive. It was like a sports car compared to ours (225 2 smoke Evinrude same boat). So far I love this engine and the fuel economy. I recommend the purchase. The real complexity with these engines(and a big portion of the cost) is the rigging. Do your research. Feel free to pm me for advice. My friend with a large Grady is currently repowering with the twin 150 Ho g2. The warranty I got was 10 years.
It comes with the 4.3 etec display but you are saying that everything that you need is on your lowrance? What do you mean by "get a wifi adapter?

It comes with the 4.3 etec display but you are saying that everything that you need is on your lowrance? What do you mean by "get a wifi adapter?

We got the 3.5 ca icon gauge because it reports faults and you can adjust itrim and power steering levels (only good for single engine) along with all the other engine data. Everything other than faults and adjustments of itrim and power steering is displayed on our lowerance thru our NMEA network. You can buy a wifi module called elink which displays everything the gauge can including faults and adjust itrim and power steering. I am not sure how much the 4.3" display is but seem like it would be better to spend money on a bigger gps and display egine data on it and use an ipad or iPhone to adjust Itrim and steering also you can read faults. Google etecownersgroup.com they have plenty of information and advise there. I really like my new etec but do your research on the gauges and controls. Ps the dealers are still learning.

That's brutal to hear, the guys at Lordship on Victoria were awesome.

I wonder if dog drucker has a bone to grind?

Lordship works hard to maintain its reputation (always has and always will).

It's just gone 2 years since new ownership took over and we think the transition has gone well. Having said that, there is always room for improvement.

It's difficult for marine business to staff in accordance with ebb and flow nature of a seasonal business. However, we do as much as we can with what we have. One thing we ( New Ownership) are very proud of is our staff. Lordship has been gifted with the best Evinrude/Johnson Marine Mechanic in the business and is currently schooling a young and talented apprentice.

Our delta facility has provided us with a chance to expand. Victoria drive had so many limiting factors including escalating commercial taxes, Excessive shuffling of boats to work around limited yard space and and many disruptions bring boats of busy Victoria drive.

We are now aligned with a boat building company that wraps off transom stiffeners, transom plates etc in a effort to be a more complete shop.

We are finding that most of our customers have stuck with us including those as far away as the Sunshine Coast and Deep Cove and in between. The simple reason for this is that we are are good at what we do, we're fair and upfront , honest and reliable.

David is right. You do have one of the best techs in the industry. Doug truly knows his stuff!

I wonder if dog drucker has a bone to grind?

Lordship works hard to maintain its reputation (always has and always will).

It's just gone 2 years since new ownership took over and we think the transition has gone well. Having said that, there is always room for improvement.

It's difficult for marine business to staff in accordance with ebb and flow nature of a seasonal business. However, we do as much as we can with what we have. One thing we ( New Ownership) are very proud of is our staff. Lordship has been gifted with the best Evinrude/Johnson Marine Mechanic in the business and is currently schooling a young and talented apprentice.

Our delta facility has provided us with a chance to expand. Victoria drive had so many limiting factors including escalating commercial taxes, Excessive shuffling of boats to work around limited yard space and and many disruptions bring boats of busy Victoria drive.

We are now aligned with a boat building company that wraps off transom stiffeners, transom plates etc in a effort to be a more complete shop.

We are finding that most of our customers have stuck with us including those as far away as the Sunshine Coast and Deep Cove and in between. The simple reason for this is that we are are good at what we do, we're fair and upfront , honest and reliable.

Nope dont think he has a bone to grind. He was in a bind for a while with a motor out of commission and no help from anyone local to try to get him back up and running. Think it was his experience and not bashing anyone as far as i read it. Think his point was there isnt many dealers servicing evinrudes in the lower mainland and its why he wouldnt get another one and not about the dealers. Best of luck to the new owners.

thx Kev
it is what it is ,

didnt work out for me geographically at the new location , way to far for guys from Vancouver to go to imo
my family has been using them for ever on Victoria dr, 35 plus years , was always good for a laugh or 2 ,
getting the Striper into the yard off Victoria , busy area at 9 am lol ,
whole staff would jump out and block traffic and get it done

no bone to pic , just got the cold shoulder ,
total attitude from whoever the guy was that was there eyeballing me while chattin with Doug for 3 minutes.

no biggy , life goes on ,
love the product , my motors were solid for 8 years , Gd Lk to them , Dougs there backbone for sure , hope they treat him well !!

bought a new Verado 350 hp , guys at Inlet are solid , Chris squeezed us in quickly , i have M&P not far if they ever
move or close , whatever , hopefully not , great staff it seems...

always had great service from the old owner / location , ,both Murray and Doug were always straight shooters ,
no bs , told it like it was , and got it done
not often , but when i was in a bind , they went outta there way to help me out ,
nothin lasts forever , gd lk to the new owners...

fd

Last edited:
Back