2017 Pender Bluffs

I wouldn't believe it without pics.

I saw the pics on the pender fish. Basically from Vic to Ucluelet guys are getting them they are with our salmon now. There was two in ukee, one in renfrew and one just outside of Esquimalt in Vic. All today. There far in the jdf straight and most likely in straight of Georgia.

I saw the pics on the pender fish. Basically from Vic to Ucluelet guys are getting them they are with our salmon now. There was two in ukee, one in renfrew and one just outside of Esquimalt in Vic. All today. There far in the jdf straight and most likely in straight of Georgia.

I might be a believer now as I saw a report on U.S. news that over 350,000 possible escaped from pens, I thought it was 5,000. Would still be curious to see pics since so many are being caught.

A lot of boats out and a lot of hands in pockets off the bluffs today. Nothing for us in the 2 hours we were there over lunch time today.

Tonnes of Bait. The fish must have been too full to eat my offerings ;)

I too was out at Pender this morning. Didnt have any luck aside from 1 hit that didnt stick - probably a pink. Saw a couple decent ones landed and one good one lost right around the current change. The good news is everything on my boat works after sitting idle for 3 months! Renfrew derby next weekend. :)

Fished the bluffs from 7 - noon. Was trying to stay away from the Pinks and was fishing deep - anchovies at 150 - 180 feet. Bit of a gong show (50+ boats) close in but found some Coho about 500 yards offshore away from the crowd. Waded through some wilds and ended up with 2 Coho hatch keepers 5 and 6 pounds and a small Pink for the smoker.

Fished the bluffs from 7 - noon. Was trying to stay away from the Pinks and was fishing deep - anchovies at 150 - 180 feet. Bit of a gong show (50+ boats) close in but found some Coho about 500 yards offshore away from the crowd. Waded through some wilds and ended up with 2 Coho hatch keepers 5 and 6 pounds and a small Pink for the smoker.
I would like to try for some coho's as well, can I ask what your set up is and how deep?

Me too. I read some where that Coho like red and lots of bling, dummy flashers off yer balls as well.
We were fishing at 150 - 170 feet. Running purple flasher and teaser heads on anchovies. We had been catching Springs in the same area on the same gear a few weeks ago. About 500 yards straight out from the bluffs.

We were fishing at 150 - 170 feet. Running purple flasher and teaser heads on anchovies. We had been catching Springs in the same area on the same gear a few weeks ago. About 500 yards straight out from the bluffs.
Those are the same colours I was running when I found the school of Cohos off the southend a week an a half ago. Mine were a little shallower (125-50), and they liked it faster, but on a turn.

330 to 730 this evening. 3 shakers and 3 undersize springs, and that was it. Didn't see another boat catch a single fish, including shakers.

After doing well this past weekend at the Bluffs, we were hoping for more of the same. We were out there tonight from 5:45 pm - 8:00 pm. Saw lots on the sounder, but no love for us. Didn't see any nets either. We fished anchovie, spoons, and pink hootchie, without a sniff.

Back