2017 Pender Bluffs

Was out first thing yesterday. Brought in 5 pinks lost 3 but not a single spring. Fishing pretty much all day. What depths are the springs at. I threw everything down, 4 rods, hoochies, chovies, cut plug herring, spoons,

At Pender this morning 7 to 11. 2 pinks for us at 80' and 120'. Pink hootchie and a coho killer. Saw a couple nets out early but they didn't look like springs. Might try again tomorrow.

I got out and fished from about 10:30, until 2:30. Found a school of Cohos at the south end, and kept 2 clipped. Lost a spring I couldn't steer away from running into my other gear. Lost a few others I didn't even get to see.

I got out and fished from about 10:30, until 2:30. Found a school of Cohos at the south end, and kept 2 clipped. Lost a spring I couldn't steer away from running into my other gear. Lost a few others I didn't even get to see.
Tough luck for sure, I was out from 6am to 11 this morning and and no love from springs. Lots of pinks that we put back.

Today from 3-730: Tossed a few undersize springs back. Nothing in the fishbox today. Not too many nets out either.

Had two double headers last night and was on my own. Managed to bring in all 4, 3 were nice sized pinks and 1 was an undersized chinook I threw back. I also landed another small chinook that went back in. A pretty good afternoon I'd say.

Didn't fish today but was down at cleaning table this morning, everyone slaying pinks and I saw one 10lb spring.

At the bluffs from 7 til 2. Got bites from 8 til 10 and got 2 pinks in the boat. Guest fisherman lost a couple too. Paid the snuffy tax ~ fat b*stard took a nice spring from us. Saw lots of nets out. Pink gear and anchovies, 70 - 120'.

At the bluffs from 7 til 2. Got bites from 8 til 10.......
My sons went out with a friend, and had similar story about the same time. They landed their spring (13lb), and a couple of undersize that went back, but lost a couple of pinks. They went to Bedwell for lunch, and they were going to fish the evening tide change, but motor problems sent them home.
Oh well, hopefully everyone does ok tonight too.

Fished from 5 to 7 and kept a barely legal spring as it was bleeding bad . Lots of shakers and 3 dogfish, no pinks and didn't see any jump.

Fished early this morning and no springs, lots of pinks even st 150 feet. I kept a large male around 10lbs.

2 springs 12/14 today down at 70 ft. They are very sparatic among the pinks. Early morning troll

Fished Bluffs Sunday 20, amazing day, 50ish boats out. Friends had a spring or two, and we had 4 coho (released 2 wild, including a big 15lb hen). Saw at least 5 schools breaking the surface that day. The Pinks are large this year.

Remember to ID your species correctly, there should be a run of sockeye (no retention) through these parts any day now.

Monday 21st and Tuesday 22nd have been slow for most, as it seems trickier to get on top of the schools compared to the weekend.

Back