2017 Comox Valley-Comox Harbour, Kitty Coleman, Cape Lazo, Denman & Hornby Islands

Was just there all day yesterday and this morning and made short work to daily limits.

150-200 feet on the rigger were the best depths for us. Purple Haze Crush Flasher with Glow Blood and Bones Cuttlefish and Blue Meanie Hoochies were golden as were 6" 602, 632 and a Custom Plug. Found bait and bam! Saw one at 120' on the Sounder and looked back at the rod and Fish on!

Plugs 30' off the cable at 3.6 sog.
RVP ???

The 632 was the RVP. My RVP inspired custom went 1 for 2.

I think anything would have worked to be honest.

The fish had squid, needlefish and the Herring in them.

Thanks to a local guide for pointing us to the right area.

Last edited:
Late reply sorry. Fished grants reef Friday we had great action on army truck and blue meanie 210/230 feet Around slack tide. There were a couple othr boats in the area who we're doing well also.

Out today. Had to wedge the boat into the water due to a really low tide at Kitty. Took awhile. According to my Buddy, the lowest he's seen in a while. Thank goodness for aluminum boats though, we pushed through a channel and off we go to test out the new hydraulic steering. Worked like a wonder and also managed to alleviate an annoying hum on the kicker. Did a little fishing from 3-5 image1.jpeg pm. Sloppy NNW wind to start but layed down soon afterwards. 4 hookups but only 1 fish in the box, a beauty, on a plug dragging the bottom.

Hi All,

There is a fishing derby this Saturday in Courtenay and Campbell River area to benefit Ducks Unlimited. It is hosted by Crown Isle and is $40 per angler with over $5000 in prizes including $1,500 to biggest fish!

You can register at Crown Isle or at ducks.ca

Call for more info at Crown Isle 703-5050

Fished grants this morning early. It was alittle lumpy. We picked one and a keeper ling we lost three keeper chinooks for sure plus lots of coho and pinks. Good action worth the run over.

Cheers.

23.5 pounds. Picture taken with the boys of some Dutch tourists. Wild and white female, 36 1/2 inches.

Edited for all the dickhead comments apparently. Thanks for the heads up from some of you that are at least decent people.

IMG_3669.JPG

Last edited:
was out 545 -830.windy so came in.no fish.Care taker at the park said 3 fish came in yesterday (derby day)largest was 12lbs.

Fished the Hump yesterday evening. Tried flasher and army truck hoochie and no luck. Switched to a plug at 230 feet and caught one small spring and one dogfish. Seen some good size bait balls all hugging the bottom. Lots of weeds in the water. Hope the water column clears up soon. Good luck out there.

Well, on the last day out in the Valley, managed 3 keepers at 12, 13 and 14 pounds. Was a great afternoon on the water. Lost another one that I figured was over 20 right by the boat.

Now back home so will need to wait another year. Overall, I found it to be a great fishing season for us. Until next summer!

Back