Port McNeill/ Telegragh cove

Not that many boats here yet, just got here myself. A few fish every day, tomorrow will be my first day out

We are heading up July 30 for a week staying at the drift inn on Ella point. It would be great to meet some of guys on the forum if you're around. We are in a Campion explorer 602. Looking forward to your reports.

We are heading up July 30 for a week staying at the drift inn on Ella point. It would be great to meet some of guys on the forum if you're around. We are in a Campion explorer 602. Looking forward to your reports.
I have a 2101 Striper - Finntastic.

Day 1 - very, very slow. Fished Donegal to Lizard - quite a few boats, including several Sunds Lodge boats - no joy and didn't see more than a couple of nets. Only one fish back at the cleaning table this evening. From the folks who have been here for awhile, seems to be a bit of a pulse fishery. Good one day and SFA the next. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day, as today was the SFA.

Day 1 - very, very slow. Fished Donegal to Lizard - quite a few boats, including several Sunds Lodge boats - no joy and didn't see more than a couple of nets. Only one fish back at the cleaning table this evening. From the folks who have been here for awhile, seems to be a bit of a pulse fishery. Good one day and SFA the next. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day, as today was the SFA.

Your up there in beautiful waters for a mth..

I'd be picking my days and trailering over to put in at Coal Harbour to fish out off Winter Harbour once and awhile or run/trailer to Hardy and head North up around top of Island..

Just finished our first day at telegraph cove fished baronet, double bay and then donegal not a thing, going to try lizard point tomorrow morning

Guy at the cleaning table this afternoon got a couple of 20+ springs at Bold Head this afternoon. We got a couple of smaller springs at Lizard yesterday afternoon. 100' on the rigger in 140' of water. Anchovies. Fishing seems to be better than last year, but not what I would consider great. On the positive side, the weather and water conditions have been very good. Bit of fog for a few hours this morning, but typical for this time of year. Burned off by about 10:30.

Guy at the cleaning table this afternoon got a couple of 20+ springs at Bold Head this afternoon. We got a couple of smaller springs at Lizard yesterday afternoon. 100' on the rigger in 140' of water. Anchovies. Fishing seems to be better than last year, but not what I would consider great. On the positive side, the weather and water conditions have been very good. Bit of fog for a few hours this morning, but typical for this time of year. Burned off by about 10:30.

Hey Bigbruce , we will be there this Friday for a few weeks!! We should keep in touch, my boat is a black Striper "SHELBY" maybe we could coordinate if a guy starts hooking up in a spot, we will be running on channel 5.

Can someone please pm me a spot or 2 or even just the name of an inlet to try for prawns. I only make it up there every two years so don't worry about me depleting the population.

And NO, Beaver cove is not a good option lol

Get the navionics app and search out potential spots....not many people give out prawning areas that produce but you may get lucky

Just heading out for our 4th day at Telegraph, fishing has been OK but not great. Have 4 Springs and 1 nice coho in the freezer. Nothing over 20 yet but lots of summer yet to com. Almost have all the bugs worked out of the new boat and am liking it alot.

I got to telegraph yesterday am around 830. Fuelled the boat up and went over and fished just north of donegal for a couple hours and Picked up a decent spring around 12 lbs. Went out again at about 630 to the same spot and picked up another 3 springs around the same size . 10 to 12 lbs . The fish were packed with anchovies but all the fish were caught on hootchies. Blue and silver caught 3 of 4 .

I'm headed up to TC on Saturday. 10 days of fun with the family, I can't wait. My local friends have been catching fish at all the usual spots. Anchovies and no bananas have been the better options so far for them. Some nice fish and some days not so good, but hay, it's fishing. The worst day fishing is better than the best day doing anything else! Good luck to all of you out there and remember, you can't catch a salmon sitting on your sofa! Tight lines!!!!!!!!!!

We slept in this am and made it out around 11. Fished through the noon tide change until about 2 . Picked up a 27, 25 and a 15 all just after slack . Just north of donegal with hootchies .

great job Thunder, hope my wife doesn't read this, she's still wondering why we have to leave the dock by 5am when the first fish doesn't usually bite till 7am. Any chance you would share which hoochie color.

great job Thunder, hope my wife doesn't read this, she's still wondering why we have to leave the dock by 5am when the first fish doesn't usually bite till 7am. Any chance you would share which hoochie color.
Ya we've had most our luck on a blue and silver hootchie. We fished lastnight and got another 15 lb. this am we went out for the same tide and had less luck but still picked up a smaller spring on a white confetti hootchie.

Back