Another day on the Shuswap

Another great video, thanks. Shuswap brings back great childhood memories. Where I learned to fish as a kid in the '70's and '80's visiting the grandparents every summer.

Trolling for Kokanee and small rainbow by myself for hours. Then the odd time getting out with my grandpa and uncle with the heavy gear and pulling Mac Squid plugs.

Remember quite a few caught over 20 lbs.

Glad to see things are still alive and well.

Have heard of a few in the low teens caught but nothing in the 20s. Would have been cool to see. I'm sure there are still a few 20+ still swimming around. maybe one day.......

Great fishery, careful posting too many videos or you won't find a spot soon ;)
Was up there the first week of this month, lake was extremely high, fishing was tough compared to other years in the past.
We cast flies to busting fish.
With all the water and the colour of the lake it was pretty tough for the fish to ambush minnows when the majority of them are hiding in the bushes.
Got most our fish trolling flies this year but prefer to sight cast to fish.

Beautiful place with some nice fish for sure

Usually sight cast as well but with the high water as you said and low salmon run last year its been more of a trolling fishery for myself.

Not too worried about giving away any secrets spots or gear ect..... as I don't think the lake is a secret. Most places I fish I'm the only boat around and even the close easy to get to hot spots everyone knows about are void of fishermen most days anyways.

Thanks for taking the time to watch!

Went out for a couple hrs this morning trolling some apexs no luck, anyone else been out lately
Bjw

I usually only fish our big okanagan lakes in the spring and fall. I know early morning is usually quiet. To many donkeys in ski boats. Been hitting Shuswap in the fall one of my new favourites.

Aug 20 2:00 west side of copper island, got a nice one,
52' on the rigger 20' back skinny G no bananas.

Attachments

• IMG_0096.JPG
    IMG_0096.JPG
    491.5 KB · Views: 67
Back