2017 Secret Cove, Pender Harbour and Texada Reports

I was out at Epsom last night for a couple of hrs. Landed a nice 12 to 14 range on a homeland security spoon. Put down the Turd on the other side and hammered a good size fish right away, went straight to the bottom and sounded for about 5 mins and then took a huge run. Got him to the surface and was fighting with him up top and he threw the hook. Got the blood flowing.

20170603_162556.jpg

Spent Friday night and Saturday morning tweaking on the boat trailer and installed some fresh bearings with a buddy. Got out in the afternoon to Lesquiti to reward our hard work before the chop came up and tied into 3 keepers including one nice 18lber. Unreal battle with no flasher, did an awesome tailwalk and made my Trophy Tyee scream!

PS - No more algae! woohoo

Last edited:
Fished Epsom today at 6 tonight. Lots of slime still, two quick low teens on a 602 plug, 127 down in around 160 ft of water. Back at the slip at 650.

602 has been on fire for me this yr. So the new power seems fishy nice work. Whack n stack. see you on at grants one day lol.

Thanks for the reports.
We will be in in the area next week (Wednesday-Friday), first time fishing this location.
Hopefully we will have something to add to the fishing reports.
I've been following this thread trying to figure out where to fish.

Back