2017 Nanoose Bay/French Creek Reports

fished this morning for 5 hrs.. boated 9 fish biggest being 8lbs pounds... 101 to 167 ft ...skinng g homeland security and Jensen needle fish spoons
:)
Would that be at the humps? i'm thinking of going out in the morning and also wondering about the slime and algae.

[QUOTE="Hab#9, post: 829940, member: 10405" wondering about the slime and algae.[/QUOTE]

I'm wondering too. Anybody got a report?

was the between 600-1000 ft yesterday..and yes the sludge is still hanging around.. .Better sizing today as SeaRun is on them on the Humps this morning :)

Just a green glow hoochie dragging in the mud, got lucky for sure
That's what I'm starting to wonder if it is luck .. As alot of people don't actually target Hali here but I was thinking the other day about trolling the mud as that's how I fish them out on the big banks and so well with getting them... Next time I'm out I may have to give it a try... Thanks for the reply aswell

The fishing madmen, Big Red Snapper and Bushy, last night out off Ballenas. I was out for a few hours and didn't get anything. I think they got at least one and released another. The green snot on the lines is dying down but it is still a pain in the butt. Sangster, Lasqueti and Texada in the background.

Big red snapper.jpg

Last edited:
The fishing madmen, Big Red Snapper and Bushy, last night out off Ballenas. I was out for a few hours and didn't get anything. I think they got at least one and released another. The green snot on the lines is dying down but it is still a pain in the butt. Sangster, Lasqueti and Texada in the background.

View attachment 33153

Attachments

• IMG_3028.PNG
    IMG_3028.PNG
    915.5 KB · Views: 75
Where are the " Winchle Humps"?

That a red MonkeyPuke flasher you were using? (Looks like a flasher down at the bottom of pic).

Purple blade glow back kentic front tape .. the humps off the grey rock and in the slot out front..seemed to be some bait around

Back