Two Shimano Rods For Sale (Nanaimo)

Birdman

Hi all,

I have two shimano rods for sale, both in excellent condition (used less than 10 times each).

First, is a Clarus salmon/steelhead casting rod. Fast action, 9 feet, 8-14pound rating. Medium power with 1/4 - 3/4 lure weight, Im -7 Graphite construction. This is a beauty for chucking spoons/spinners for steel or coho on the island and nicely handled steel and coho for me up to 15 pounds. Only reason I am selling is santa upgraded me to a Loomis.

Store price is usually around $130 to $140. I'm asking $100 for this rod.

Second, is a medium-heavy 6'6 Trevala. This is an excellent rod for lingcod/salmon/smaller to medium halibut fishing. Only reason I am selling is to help pay for a new Accurate reel!

Store prices vary from $200 to $230. I would take $170 for this rod.

Please message me if interested. I can get pics if necessary, but only for serious inquiries.

i found the 6'6 trevala medium heavy online for 130 bucks fairly sure it's the same one, the tvc66mh not trying to be a dick but wanted to let you know price may be fairly high

I don't have the rod in front of me, so I can't confirm if those code is the same, but I recently bought one of the 6'6 heavy Trevala's to augment my collection, and reviewed the prices on the medium heavies. At 3 stores they ranged from $200 to $230. If someone wants to order that rod online, pay the exchange rate, pay shipping, pay duty, etc. all the power to them. I doubt they are going to end up saving much if anything at that point, and they certainly aren't going to get it for less than what I am asking for a mint condition rod.

i found the 6'6 trevala medium heavy online for 130 bucks fairly sure it's the same one, the tvc66mh not trying to be a dick but wanted to let you know price may be fairly high
Hi Vic.
Not trying to be a dick, but why not let the marketplace decide if he's asking too much. There's no need to make a "your asking too much" post in the for sale section. If he's asking too much it won't sell and he will repost a price drop shortly. The market decides if the price is too high, same with a fishing charter, or any other goods or service for sale. Simply let the market decide what is too much, no need for negative posts in the for sale section. JMO.

Hi all, just reviving this thread, the Trevala has now sold.

Price drop to $75 for the Clarus. The rod has been in storage for the past year and has no additional miles on it.

Pics upon serious inquiries.

Just PM for christ sakes if you feel the need to share that you see an item for sale on forum cheaper online somewhere, why post in the thread? Man that really bugs me...

Back