2017 Nanoose Bay/French Creek Reports

Such a fun day on the humps yesterday! My first day out on my own and decided to run 2 rods (go big or go home). In 2 hours i was into 2 keeper springs. Theres a bit of a learning curve dealing w fish alone! Especially spunky winter springs. So no blood on the deck but a super fun day. Got them both in deep water (think bigger loop around humps). 120 in 275+. Green flasher w a green/blue/glow small spoon (herring aid by gold star). Zero crab....bait not even disturbed. Too cold for the mud bugs?

Here's to an awesome 2017 season.

M

Attachments

• IMG_1242.JPG
    IMG_1242.JPG
    442.4 KB · Views: 252
Such a fun day on the humps yesterday! My first day out on my own and decided to run 2 rods (go big or go home). In 2 hours i was into 2 keeper springs. Theres a bit of a learning curve dealing w fish alone! Especially spunky winter springs. So no blood on the deck but a super fun day. Got them both in deep water (think bigger loop around humps). 120 in 275+. Green flasher w a green/blue/glow small spoon (herring aid by gold star). Zero crab....bait not even disturbed. Too cold for the mud bugs?

Here's to an awesome 2017 season.

M

Hi
Where are the 'humps', I live over on the Port Alberni side and was thinking about giving the east side a go.
Thanks

Hi
Where are the 'humps', I live over on the Port Alberni side and was thinking about giving the east side a go.
Thanks
Just outside the french creek marina. If you look at your charts you will see 2 pinnacles at about 195' surrounded by water 225'+. Ill pm you a picture of my chart later.

Just outside the french creek marina. If you look at your charts you will see 2 pinnacles at about 195' surrounded by water 225'+. Ill pm you a picture of my chart later.
I couldnt figure out how to pm you a pic. Here it is. My chart is in metres.

Attachments

• IMG_1244.JPG
    IMG_1244.JPG
    277.8 KB · Views: 197
I couldnt figure out how to pm you a pic. Here it is. My chart is in metres.

Great thanks, another question if you don't mind, any concerns (eg low tides) with launching at the French Creek launch or is there another more preferred launching spot?
Thanks again

Great thanks, another question if you don't mind, any concerns (eg low tides) with launching at the French Creek launch or is there another more preferred launching spot?
Thanks again
French creek is a good launch. They recently redid the launch dock.

Went out Friday with the neighbour and landed a 15 and a 8lber off of Finnerty. One on a blue splatter back at 120', which we always have luck with their, and the other on a white glow hoochie at 80' right at high slack. Beautiful day.

Hit the humps yesterday productive morning 4 just underside to the boat then it dropped right off in the afternoon got 1 pin popper in the afternoon 4or 5 good runs then lost him at the surface all in all a great day

Back