Vancouver Canucks season

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many Nuck rookies are posting up numbers like that, time will tell my friend :p Hey you going to Kauai this year??

You need your defence to step up.....3rd highest GA in the league....but ahead of my Flyers! Haha.

If we're doing Kauai this year it likely won't be until March. When do you go?

You need your defence to step up.....3rd highest GA in the league....but ahead of my Flyers! Haha.

If we're doing Kauai this year it likely won't be until March. When do you go?
Yep D and goal tending, be there last 2 weeks of Feb.

GO Cubs GO, new lottery tickets getting printed, should be out today. It is called When will the Canucks score a goal again :) that one is for all my buddies on this thread

GO Cubs GO, new lottery tickets getting printed, should be out today. It is called When will the Canucks score a goal again :) that one is for all my buddies on this thread

Canucks with 1.7 Goals for per game are on track to break the Modern record for least goals scored (over 70 games) by the 53/54 Blackhawks who scored 133 goals in 70 games for an average of 1.9 per game. Canucks are on track to score 139 in 82 games. The good news is they will probably beat the 28/29 Hawks and their 0.75 goals per game for the all time record. With this kind of scoring they are sure to be last place but the Canuck lottery curse will mean picking 4th in a year with not much elite top end talent. Demko has a.860 save percentage, the Comets are last in the AHL. The future is NOT to quote Timbuk3 "so bright I gotta wear shades" !

It isnt too hard to see why the Canucks are now so bad. Their 1st round picks the last 10 tears are: Grabner, White, Hodgson, Schroeder, Traded to Florida, Jensen, Gaunce, Shinaruk/Horvat, Virtanen/McCann, Boeser, Juolevi. Throw in the 11 years ago taking Luc Bourdon over Anze Koptitar its pretty easy to see the issue. 2006-2011 picks only Grabner has played regularly in the NHL (for other teams). Horvat may develop into a decent player but no star, Not clear if Virtanen is even an NHL calibre player as he's dumb as a bag of pucks. McCann was traded, too early to say with Boeser and Juolevi. Add in they have traded many of their 2nd and 3rd rounders away for guys like Linden Vey, have drafted very few late round gems, and traded away Luongo AND Schneider for almost nothing. It makes for a pretty bare cupboard. The Comets are one of the worst teams in the AHL, and there aren't any top scorers in the WHL, QMJHL or OHL that are Canuck property. They can fire the coach if they want, its not his fault the twins have finally started to play like mid 30 year olds. Canucks have had 15 years to draft replacements for them and haven't been able to even cobble together an NHL level second line never mind a new first line. Horvat and Sutter are 3rd line centers, none of the wingers after Ericcson are any better than 3rd line anywhere else either. Now they may finally tank AFTER two years of elite talent in the top 3 picks seems to be over. There aren't any McDavids, Eichels Mathews or Laines this year.

I agree completely. The Nucks will be mediocre at best for many generations to come. Win just enough to remain that way. Last year was a missed opportunity for sure. The draft is the only way to improve. Short term pain for long term gain.

Last edited:
Ah don't worry boys you play my Leafs in a bit so one of us has to get a win:eek:

Except it wasn't Anderson, it was the third string at best, newly signed under emergency situation Condon...

Brutal!

Except it wasn't Anderson, it was the third string at best, newly signed under emergency situation Condon...

Brutal!
I was referring to playing the leafs on Saturday and making Fredric Anderson look like Vezina candidate. They already did that very well for Craig Anderson in Vancouver and 3rd string Condon in Ottawa. Price is a Vezina goalie so no surprise they couldn't score on him. Fredrick Anderson is next up in the long list of goalies wanting to pad their save percentage against the Canuck pop gun shooters! I do think they will get one by him though, probably will be put in to his own net by a leaf defenceman as no Canuck can intentionally score. Therefore I predict 4-1 leafs.

I was referring to playing the leafs on Saturday and making Fredric Anderson look like Vezina candidate. They already did that very well for Craig Anderson in Vancouver and 3rd string Condon in Ottawa. Price is a Vezina goalie so no surprise they couldn't score on him. Fredrick Anderson is next up in the long list of goalies wanting to pad their save percentage against the Canuck pop gun shooters! I do think they will get one by him though, probably will be put in to his own net by a leaf defenceman as no Canuck can intentionally score. Therefore I predict 4-1 leafs.

Roger that - it was the Anderson versus Andersen that threw me off, however either way it's brutal and you will likely be correct!

Come to think of it, I'm saying 4-2 nucks... Breakout game!

it's official, the canucks are the new maple laughs!!!!!

why is silly willy still coach?????
why has philip larsen not been gassed yet -9 before tonites game ffs????

trevor linden is a great guy but has NO management experience and obviously no f'n clue

too bad tom galardi wasn't able to buy the team instead of numb nuts, don't think he gives a flyin f as long as he makes money, i believe this is our no 1 problem with no way to fix it!!!

I'll take the 4-1 Leafs call there Cali ;)

I missed the one goal for canucks call, but got the leaf margin of victory right! My next prognostication is that Vancouver will fall to last overall on Thursday night next week. its not sooner because Arizona is on a break right now and doesnt play until Tuesday.

Well going to go on a rant here.... as you all know I am a Leafs fan have been since i was 2 years old, been taking **** for the last 53+years about it too. Again you all know the route they have taken in this time, not to good. I think hockey is the best game on earth and you cheer for your team through the good and bad times, but most of you Canuck fans are an embarrassment. You come out of the weeds when they are winning and predict great things, everything is rosy and mock teams that are not good etc etc, but when the wheels fall off your wagon you all disappear with the flip of a switch. Man up for christs sake, keep on cheering and maybe follow my lead and make light of a bad situation. Come on Derby, FishT and all you others, get up dust yourselves off and get back on the wagon, at least Cali,Banger and a few others are still here, rant over. oh ya one last thing GO LEAFS GO:p

Well going to go on a rant here.... as you all know I am a Leafs fan have been since i was 2 years old, been taking **** for the last 53+years about it too. Again you all know the route they have taken in this time, not to good. I think hockey is the best game on earth and you cheer for your team through the good and bad times, but most of you Canuck fans are an embarrassment. You come out of the weeds when they are winning and predict great things, everything is rosy and mock teams that are not good etc etc, but when the wheels fall off your wagon you all disappear with the flip of a switch. Man up for christs sake, keep on cheering and maybe follow my lead and make light of a bad situation. Come on Derby, FishT and all you others, get up dust yourselves off and get back on the wagon, at least Cali,Banger and a few others are still here, rant over. oh ya one last thing GO LEAFS GO:p

I'm a true fan until the day I die... Yes a tough couple of years and may likely be a few more to come and that's ok!

Happy they scored 3 goals, albeit in a losing cause. What I loved was them stepping up and sticking up for their teammates after those BS hits in a 5-2 game... Little chicken$hits Rielly and Kadri are...

I think Horvat and Hansen are the only two going out and purely giving er each shift... See what happens here with the coach situation?

I have not stopped being a fan but I stopped watching after 1 period. The outcome was inevitable- and embarrassing to watch. They were not playing against a power house don't forget!! Glad I didn't spring the big bucks for a ticket-that in itself will become a problem. Nobody is going to want to spring for the exorbitant ticket prices the Canucks charge if they are not competitive. I guess the game got exciting in the 3rd because of old style goon hockey but the wrong reason to buy a ticket. I suspect when the pocket book gets hit hard enough management might try a little harder to put out a competitive team. Still the leafs managed to fill their rink for 30 years with sub-standard teams-Just musings from Baja--- think I'll have another Margarita and go poke a Yank for insight on their election-always good for an hour or so!!! LOL

"What I loved was them stepping up and sticking up for their teammates after those BS hits in a 5-2 game... Little chicken$hits Rielly and Kadri are..."

it's about time they started. IMHO and I said it at the time, the start of this slump was basically after the game when Markstrom got run over, absolutely creamed and NOT ONE EFFIN CANUCK on the ice at the time went after the guy, unbelievable, it even had linden pacing in the press box, no retaliation at all, all 5 of those guys on the ice would not be playin the next game if were up to me, lol. but at that time I just thought to myself, holy crap are we in trouble. bad karma because they didn't stick up for Markstrom is my excuse for this slump, haha!

we need marchand to rabbit punch a sedin again to see if we get a response, lol.

LOL.. Seen maybe 2 of the last 7 games so didn't feel I need to comment as you & Cali had it under control .. :)

But if u insisted.. only saw the high lights of last night..but a really nice Chicken wing to Sedin in the 3rd:eek::oops:

Rant all you want I guess, but I keep seeing slow, sloppy defense from Vancouver. Does telling it like it is make me less of a fan?

LOL.. Seen maybe 2 of the last 7 games so didn't feel I need to comment as you & Cali had it under control .. :)

But if u insisted.. only saw the high lights of last night..but a really nice Chicken wing to Sedin in the 3rd:eek::oops:

Yep me and Cali are the Maclean and Cherry of sfbc, one must keep ones head up after passing the ole biscuit or you might get hit:p:eek::rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back