USA 2016 Election - the countdown is on...

Status
Not open for further replies.

wishiniwasfishin1

Well as polarizing as this election is, I think we can all agree that its a gong show down south. This election has turned into a high school mud slinging festival. I thought I would start this thread to keep us occupied until winter fishing starts up.
So grab your popcorn and let 'er rip!

Watched a show on PBS last night, hi-lighting the rise to fame of both of them. To me they are both dubious candidates. Their whole system is suspect- one person with all that power??

The world is doomed if one wins. The USA is doomed if the other one wins. Can't wait for the next debate. Wonder if it will be a bashing show or they will actually debate topics and problems.

While there are those who dislike Hilary, and possible with good reason, there is no comparison to the risk the world faces with a Trump presidency. All politicians say things that aren't accurate and commit to things they don't deliver. They say what people want to hear, then figure out later (or know already) that its impossible to deliver on. Every politician on earth does it. Tell the truth 100% of the time and you will NOT get elected. Hilary has faults, but, Canada will be far better off with a US Liberal minded government. Can you possible imagine trying to unwind NAFTA not to mention Trump with access to nuclear weapons, or national security secrets. He can't keep his trap shut about miss universes oversized T&A during an election campaign. He can't control his mouth. Hows he going to deal with Kim Jung-un. God Bless America....they need it now more that ever.

War is more likely with Clinton.

Trump is a clown, but I wouldn't underestimate his support. I don't take polls seriously, look at Brexit.

If they found a candidate who had the same message as Trump but was more refined, I don't think Hillary would stand a chance. It's a world wide phenominum. The left has gone too far and the silent majority are coming out.

Hate to say it, but the cats out of the bag, look for Trump 2.0 to come around again in 4 years but it will be done with a bit more class next time. Canada will throw a similar candidate too. Both should stand a chance I think, but these ones will be politicians. Never trust a politician.

I find it ironic that it that the population that trump has made a career out of screwing over is the very group supporting him now for change. Trump is trump. He is a symptom of a system that is failing just the same as Hillary is.

"Hate to say it, but the cats out of the bag, look for Trump 2.0 to come around again in 4 years but it will be done with a bit more class next time. Canada will throw a similar candidate too. Both should stand a chance I think, but these ones will be politicians. Never trust a politician."[/QUOTE]

Agree with this - its baffling the ratio of Trumps support to the amount he keeps getting hit with scandal, saying insanely stupid things and acting like an idiot. People are fed up down there. If there was a candidate with his exact platform that didn't brag about 'grabbing women by the pu**y' they would have likely won by a landslide...

Can't see Trump getting in, - everytime he open's his mouth he ****'s in it! - Never know tho' - I think the U.S.A. has lost a lot of credibillity with the rest of the world.

Trump reminds me of one of those little dictators from a banana republic. I'm surprised he isn't wearing a military uniform with 14 large shiny medals on the chest when he gives a speech.

The man is all about his own ego and is clearly delusional.

If this man is representing the best the United States has to offer.....then they are in trouble and my thoughts about the States just went down the ladder about 14 rungs.

Maybe he should go read the inscription on the Statue of Liberty and then start over.

He can dish it out....but he can't take it.

I've seen so many tapes where he said something.....and then denies he ever said it.

And now he's a conspiracy theorist......so if he isn't wearing a military uniform with big gold-braid epaulets and an oversize cap in the next debate...then he's probably going to be wearing a tinfoil hat.

One is unbearably crude and the other is a crooked lying politician.

It think it's more accurate to state:

"One is unbearably crude, crooked, and lying and the other is a crooked lying politician."

That might help shed some light on the best of what is clearly a crappy choice.

From the US. Been voting since 1968.

With all the in-fighting/dysfunction in congress (15% or so approval rating) I don't think the president has much influence over the direction of congress. That leaves commander-in-chief as the most important & main function of the president with appointing some good folks to run the government being a close second.
Can't see Trump being qualified to do either.
Doesn't seem to be any more politicians with a clean history anymore so you are stuck ignoring some bad things if they have some good things.
Most politicians say whatever they need to so they get elected, knowing well that they can't deliver on their promises.
Trump actually believes he can deliver on his promises.

FYI, now looks like Obama should have taken care of Syria before Russia got in there. I can see his point about not loosing american lives on all these world policing adventures. Real shame Bush wore-out the USA's tolerance for invading the wrong country. Afghanistan was a total blunder; should have been Special Forces missions with air support only. Going in like we did we created 10 new terrorists for every 1 we killed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back