Vancouver Canucks season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derby

Crew Member
Well seeing that the season opener is on sat. figured it was time to hear what the thought is for the 2016/2017 team.... and wait for it...Jackal :D

Unless they are hit with a lot of injuries key players layers they will do a lot better than the "experts" predict.

Some pretty good looking young players up front of a good top 4 defense and goaltending

first time in a while I have seen the nucks with some young talent that they sent down that a good enough to crack the line up...as long as theyan re health should be a good season... they do need to address a replacement or replacement player for the sedan's in the next couple years.....

I also think they will do a bit better than some predictions. I believe they may sneak into the post season and will be anywhere between 7-11th in the West if all aligns well.

Repent all you sinners while you have time, the resurrection of Christ our savior has happened and he is wearing number 34 for the Leafs. Lock up your wife's, mothers and children as there will be hell to pay for you non believers:D (That is for my boys FishT, Pippen and Derby):p

Seeing as most forecasts have the Canucks dead last I'll join the chorus that they'll exceed expectations, which is unfortunate as the best chance at the top pick wouldn't be a bad thing! There just isn't the scoring or the lock down defence on this team so don't see them out scoring other teams on a regular basis or being able to hold teams to scratch out 1-0 or 2-1 games. Having said that, if we stay healthy, if Sutter scores at a career pace, if one or two of the prospects add some unexpected scoring punch and if the defensive core gels and play consistently we just may be in the wild card race in the last month of the season.

Cheers!

Ukee

Repent all you sinners while you have time, the resurrection of Christ our savior has happened and he is wearing number 34 for the Leafs. Lock up your wife's, mothers and children as there will be hell to pay for you non believers:D (That is for my boys FishT, Pippen and Derby):p
Even Gretzky needed a supporting cast.

Seeing as most forecasts have the Canucks dead last I'll join the chorus that they'll exceed expectations, which is unfortunate as the best chance at the top pick wouldn't be a bad thing! There just isn't the scoring or the lock down defence on this team so don't see them out scoring other teams on a regular basis or being able to hold teams to scratch out 1-0 or 2-1 games. Having said that, if we stay healthy, if Sutter scores at a career pace, if one or two of the prospects add some unexpected scoring punch and if the defensive core gels and play consistently we just may be in the wild card race in the last month of the season.

Cheers!

Ukee
To many if's there UD

Even Gretzky had a supporting cast. He can't win all by himself and the rest of the team doesn't scare anyone
You drinking already you seem to be repeating yourself. As for supporting cast don't see your nucks with much to offer as a supporting cast to a couple of old twins :).

Cheers!

Ukee

I agree...:D

You drinking already you seem to be repeating yourself. As for supporting cast don't see your nucks with much to offer as a supporting cast to a couple of old twins :).

The leafs may have final got a alright player and he thinks god has showed up..lol :rolleyes::eek::)

The leafs may have final got a alright player and he thinks god has showed up..lol :rolleyes::eek::)
Probably not a popular opinion but if Matthews and McDavid hadn't run into goalies who couldn't stop a beach ball, and in the case of McDavid had a ref willing to ignore multiple hooks on Johnny Hockey only to award McD a penalty shot for a phantom hook, they both would have been lucky to have a point each. John Garret could have stopped two of Matthews and McDavids weak one!!

Cheers!

Ukee

Probably not a popular opinion but if Matthews and McDavid hadn't run into goalies who couldn't stop a beach ball, and in the case of McDavid had a ref willing to ignore multiple hooks on Johnny Hockey only to award McD a penalty shot for a phantom hook, they both would have been lucky to have a point each. John Garret could have stopped two of Matthews and McDavids weak one!!

Cheers!

Ukee
So true, glad your boys only score highlight goals :p

I wonder what the post count on this thread will be by seasons end, could add up to a few

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back