2016 Pender Bluffs

Fished the Bluffs today, marked lots of bait and saw lots of small feed on the surface, but no action. Noticed we had a seal that followed us pretty much the whole time, so you may want to bring a slingshot. Seal had no fear and surfaced about 10-15 ft being us every time we recovered gear. No doubt what his plan was!

Fished Sunday lots of boats,not many nets or fish being caught. I had one hookup, lost it no other bites in about 4hrs.

Flatlander, I share your pain. We have a place on the bluffs and visit regularly. Up up until a month ago I was averaging a fish
per outing. Nothing large, 8-15, however the last month has been painful. A bit of small feed along the shoreline but very little
showing on the sounder or on the surface offshore. Distinct lack of seagulls,eagles and seals and the orcas are not working the
Bluffs as usual. I'm thinking there is very little to hold fish in the area. Filled up my tanks on Sat. and will be trying a change of
scenery next week. Rock on....

Might be a waste of gas,sounds like every where is slow,any ideas where?? Lots of seals yesterday,snuffy was eyeballin my rigs pretty close,even if I caught one he was lookin for his share.

Bummer to hear this lack of fish around Pender. Was going to be there Friday, Saturday and hoping to get something for dinner. Will be cruising north from there, any ideas where the fishies are?

Bummer to hear this lack of fish around Pender. Was going to be there Friday, Saturday and hoping to get something for dinner. Will be cruising north from there, any ideas where the fishies are?
I've heard Nanaimo / French Creek has been good :p
I haven't caught a worthwhile fish since early May in Sidney area... Not through lack of trying too.

Good one Salted! If I was a 2016 Chinook, I'm still out there, maybe not in the usual places. Try deeper!
Stosh

Sooke is warming up. I fished out there the weekend before last for the first time and nailed 25#, oversize. It's a bit of trek from Sidney, but the fishing out that way is improving.

I've heard Nanaimo / French Creek has been good :p
I haven't caught a worthwhile fish since early May in Sidney area... Not through lack of trying too.
I hear you RC. Fished for about 3 hours Saturday, 12 - 3. Saw some other boats out there but no nets. Bait deep in the water but zilch for bites.

Well 3 weeks have passed ,no fish,one hookup. Holiday is over ??? On the positive side didn't spend alot on gas, found my prawn traps ,didn't have scrub the blood off the deck ,got lots of sleep and drank lots of beer!!! Maybe next year!

Still averaging less than 1 bite an hour (4-5 rods out) but it's slowly picking up, and starting to see decent strikes. Seeing most action lower than usual - 140'

Use something small - coho killers, squirts trimmed to 3" or so.

This thread needs a Salmon picture - post it if you catch it!

Fished bluffs this morning 110 - 140ft, spoons and hootchie combos didnt bother with bait. Had one smaller one on a 3" coyote at 132ft. Real slow for us and no other bites. Didnt see anyone else with nets out, but maybe someone had better luck.

notta on the bluffs for takers, ran over all of them lots of bait, and marks on last Sunday just no takers :p all depths in close and deeper. Fished 1pm-4pm

No kidding. this time is year there are usually regular reports from pender bluffs. Must be quiet... or it's on fire and the few boats out there don't want others to know :)

Was out there a couple of days ago and it certainly wasn't on fire. Had a couple of hits over about six hours and was sealed both times. Snuffy has set up shop near the more northerly guano rock.

Back